Cheesy Kale Hand Pies
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 pastry square | Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 60 mg | Sodium: 134 mg | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 16 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 salted anchovy fillets, optional
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 store-bought rectangular puff pastry
- 4 slices of low-fat cheese
- 1 egg
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic and anchovies, if using. When the anchovies have melted (or if not using, immediately add the kale), cook the kale until the leaves are wilted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper. If it is becoming too dry, add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. When cooked, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F.
- Divide the puff pastry to 9 equal square pieces. Discard one because you will be needing 8 only.
- Place the spoonfuls of kale at the center of each of the 4 puff pastry squares. You will be using the other 4 as covers.
- Top with a slice of cheese each.
- Use the other 4 square puff pastries to cover the ones with the kale filling.
- Using the tines of the fork, press all the sides of the puff pastries to seal them.
Video: Marvellous Vegetarian Kale Pie Recipe - Tickly Mouth
How to Stay Safe on the Highway
Roasted Beets and Sauteed Beet Greens
How to Build a Pretend Time Machine
Turkish Airlines is offering 15 off flights if you download its app
Stars Are Working The Sheer Shirt Trend And So Should You
6 Reasons Why The Bridge’s Sofia Helin Is Our Ultimate Scandi Crush
23 Stunning Spring Wedding Cakes to Inspire
PICS: Stars turn out for Creme De La Mer and Blue Marine Foundation Launch
Common reasons for Infertility and treatments available
12 Smoothies That Beat Bloating