Chic Shoe Buys: September 2009
It might be cliché, but a girl can never have too many shoes in her closet. There’s nothing better than finding the perfect pair of chunky black heels, only to realize that you’re definitely going to need a pair of chunky black wedges as well. Followed by a pair of ballet flats in every color.
We’re rounding off September with our Chic Shoe Buys for the month. Last month we focused on the transition from summer shoes to fall shoes. For September’s Chic Shoe Buys, we’re pretty sure we’ve found the perfect pair of boots (#1) to take you all the way through winter, not to mention some other classic black shoes that will suit nearly every taste.
1. Jeffrey Campbell’s Sense & Sensibility Boots (9.99) from ModCloth //We were recently lucky enough to score a pair of these amazing Sense & Sensibility Boots from ModCloth. The leather is super soft, making them the most comfortable boots you’ll ever wear. They have a real Victorian-era aesthetic about them, with a slightly green tint when you hit the right light. We suggest grabbing a pair, pronto, and pairing them with a lace blouse and blue jeans for a Penny Lane-style look.
2. (5) from BlueBee //This pair of classic black pumps from Rock & Republic have been updated with a contemporary touch; a spike charm that dangles from the shoe, next to your ankle. This, combined with the cushioned sole, makes them perfect for a wild night out on the town, paired with skinny jeans and a sequined top.
3. (5) from ShopBop //A pair of timeless black ballet flats is an absolute necessity, all year round. We love the added detail that the gold logo disc provides at the front, while the elastic banding behind the heel is great for tired feet, worn out from shopping for fall essentials.
4. Kimchi Blue Faux Suede Wrap Skimmer () from Urban Outfitters //Ever since we saw Sienna Miller roaming the streets of Manhattan with a pair of ankle-strap flats (yes, back in 2006), we’ve been kind of obsessed with finding a similar pair. If Sienna was the stylist here, she’d probably recommend tying the ankle strap around the cuff of your favorite skinny jeans, adding a fedora and heading out the door. This, or throwing on a printed mini dress and a pair of black tights. You choose.
5. (5) from ShopBop //If you’re setting out with the mission to look tough this fall/winter, these are the perfect shoes for you. The studded straps and ring detail add an edge to your look while the stacked wedge heel definitely adds some height. The inner, sock-like fabric is loose around the ankle, which gives your legs a longer, leaner look. Pair them with a mini dress and tights in the fall, then move on to jeans, a faux fur coat and black socks as it gets colder.
6. (.99) from Charlotte Russe //If you want to add a little “rough and tough” to your style, while still keeping things on the feminine side, these platform heels from Charlotte Russe are perfect. Not only are the chunky buckle straps completely on-trend, but they are budget friendly, chic and classic all at once.
Video: Geox Shoes
8 Easy Braiding Videos for Those Who Can’t ActuallyBraid
How to Write Reviews for Indie Music
A Guide To Mens Shoe Colour Combinations
How to Dress As a Bohemian
The Internet Gave Me False Relationship Hope—Don’t Let It Happen toYou
Super Green Honey Mustard Salad
The best face masks that’ll give your skin a bit of TLC
How to Snowboard Straight Without Catching an Edge
How to Maintain Eye Contact