Delicious and healthy Adygei cheese
If you like cheese, you probably tried a lot of its varieties. Do you know how useful Adyghe cheese is, how can it be cooked at home? If not, then by all means find out!
What kind of cheese is that?
Adyghe cheese is one of the national dishes of the Circassian cuisine. Its name is due to the republic of Adygea, which has long been produced in large quantities.
Adygea cheese refers to soft cheeses that do not require ripening. It is prepared with the help of sour-milk whey, usually from cow's, sheep's and goat's milk, and certainly from pasteurized at high temperature.
There are two main types: fresh cheese and smoked. The first has a mild creamy taste, the second is famous for a spicy flavor of smoked meats and a bright smell. The color will depend on the quality and fat content of the milk used to make it. Most often it varies from milky to cream or light yellow.
How to make such cheese?
Cooking is not very difficult.First, the milk is heated to 95 degrees, then gradually serum is introduced, which triggers the processes of coagulation and sedimentation of milk proteins. After a few minutes, cheesy clots begin to form, which are placed in baskets (it is they who leave the pattern characteristic of such a variety on the heads) and leave until thick and dense.
Natural Adyghe cheese contains a lot of useful substances, including phosphorus, copper, zinc, calcium, sodium, magnesium, proteins and carbohydrates, amino acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as vitamins H, A, D and C and B.
By the way, the caloric value of 100 grams of a product is only 220-240 calories, so it can be safely called dietary.
The advantage of Adyghe cheese lies in its following properties:
- In this cheese, a lot of protein, which improves the condition of muscle tissue, as well as participates in the formation of new cells of almost all tissues of the body.
- The composition includes enzymes that normalize the processes of digestion and improve appetite.
- Adygei cheese is an excellent source of calcium, which is necessary for strengthening bones, hair, teeth and nails.
- This product is very useful for immunity, because, first, it helps to normalize the intestinal microflora (and it contains useful bacteria that protect the body from harmful microorganisms), and second, contains ascorbic acid, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Vitamins of group B (and there are a lot of them in this cheese) are very useful for the nervous system, and also take part in many metabolic processes.
- Adygei cheese is very useful for vessels and the heart and helps to improve the work of the entire cardiovascular system.
- The product contains tryptophan, and this substance improves mood and helps to cope with depression.
- This cheese is very useful with an excess of body weight and obesity.
Can this one hurt?
Adyghe cheese damage is possible only if you abuse this product. First, a large number of enzymes that enter the digestive tract can cause pain in the stomach, as well as an exacerbation of gastritis or ulcers. Secondly, an excess of tryptophan can trigger a migraine attack. In addition, the product is contraindicated for individual intolerance to milk protein.
How to cook?
How to make Adygei cheese at home? The easiest way to prepare it from milk.
It will take:
- 3.5 liters of milk;
- 500 ml of serum (it must certainly be acidic);
- salt to taste
First, the milk must be heated, but not boiled. That is, as soon as the foam begins to form, the fire should be reduced to the minimum.
When the froth starts to rise, gently and slowly pour the whey into the pan, while constantly stirring the milk. In total, after about a minute or two, flakes should form. This will indicate that the fermentation process has begun.
Continue to warm up the milk until all the milk protein has settled and the serum becomes transparent green.
Put the flakes in a colander, whey can be drained or used to make cheese the next time.
Press down the mass with a spoon to form a head.
When all the liquid is drained, salt it on one side, then turn it over and salt it on the other side.
Transfer the mass to a dish or tray and store for five to six hours in the refrigerator to cool and cool completely.
Homemade Adyghe cheese is ready!
Tip: the serum should be acidic, so if it is not, you can just leave it for a couple of days in a warm place. In addition, the whey can be prepared independently. To do this, heat the kefir, clabber or sour milk and wait for all the liquid to stand out.
What can you make from this cheese?
From the Adyghe cheese you can cook a lot of delicious dishes. Below are a few recipes.
Make of Adyghe Khachapuri
You will need:
- 500 ml of sour milk, kefir or sour milk (to make the dough more tender, you can mix 250 ml of one of these ingredients with the same amount of sour cream);
- 4 or 5 glasses of flour;
- one egg;
- 5 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil;
- one teaspoon of salt;
- teaspoon of soda;
- a teaspoon of sugar.
- 500 grams of Adyghe cheese.
First you need to make a dough. To do this, sift the flour and mix it with soda, sugar and salt.
In the center, make a recess, pour kefir and butter into it, and also break an egg.
Knead the rather elastic dough and put it in the fridge for about an hour.
Cheese rub on a large grater.
Divide the cooled dough into several parts. Roll each part into a rather thin layer.
In the center of the layer, put the grated cheese (several tablespoons).
The edges of the reservoir lead to the center, connect and tweak.
Turn the cake over and gently roll it with a rolling pin.
In the same way form the remaining cakes. Fry them in vegetable oil.
If desired, you can make a cake. To do this, roll out all the dough and form a large cake. Bake it for about 40 minutes in the oven.
This recipe will help to prepare a salad with vegetables.
You will need:
- half a cup of rice;
- two tomatoes;
- 100 grams of spinach;
- one bell pepper;
- 300 grams of Adyghe cheese;
- three cloves of garlic;
- one onion;
- three tablespoons of butter;
- pepper and salt to taste.
Rice should be boiled until cooked. On the part of the grain take two and a half or three parts of water.
Peel and chop the onion.
Pepper the seeds by removing the stem. Cut it into strips.
Tomatoes can be cut into slices or cubes.
Cheese should be cut into cubes of medium size.
Peel the garlic and chop it with a garlic press.
Heat oil in a pan.
Fry onion until transparent, then add garlic and cheese. Fry everything until golden brown.
Mix the fried cheese with onions and garlic, rice, pepper and tomatoes, salt the salad and pepper.
You can cook a Caesar salad.
- 300 grams of chicken fillet;
- 200 grams of Adyghe cheese;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 50 grams of lettuce leaves;
- 50 grams of crackers;
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- garlic clove;
- salt to taste
Boil chicken fillet or bake in foil in the oven.
Leaves lettuce hands.
Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
Chop garlic and mix with mayonnaise.
Mix all the ingredients, season the salad with mayonnaise and garlic.
Be sure to eat this cheese, because it is tasty and healthy!
The most appetizing summer vegetable dish. Very tasty recipe
Recipe for making delicious Lagman
How to send a notification letter
What is not on the Internet
Where profitable to donate jewelry in Moscow