Esterhazy cake - a masterpiece that can make every hostess
If you belong to the category of people who can not live without a sweet, then for their lives they have just tried a lot of different desserts. Have you heard anything about Esterhazy's cake? If not, then be sure to find out everything about it and try to cook it at home, it's much easier than it might seem at first glance!
What it is?
Esterhazy is a chocolate-almond cake, which is especially popular in such countries as Germany, Hungary and Austria. And he received such a complicated name thanks to the Hungarian diplomat Pala Antal Esterhazy, who was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Hungary during the revolution that lasted from 1848 to 1849.
The cake consists of five cakes, which are baked from whipped protein mass and a small amount of almonds, butter and flour. And they are combined cream, a special refinement which gives brandy.On top of this pastry masterpiece is covered with white sugar glaze, and on its surface is usually a mesh pattern typical of this dessert. In the end it turns out very tasty and beautiful.
How to cook?
How to cook Esterhazy cake? We offer two options: one for experienced housewives, and the other for novice chefs.
For preparation it will be required:
For the cake:
- 12 egg whites;
- a glass of sugar;
- five to seven tablespoons of flour;
- 200 grams of hazelnuts;
- tablespoon of vanilla sugar (or two bags of vanilla);
- a little pinch of salt.
- 12 yolks;
- three glasses of milk;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 200 grams of butter;
- two tablespoons of brandy or dark rum;
- three tablespoons of flour;
- tablespoon of vanilla sugar;
- 170 grams of hazelnut.
For the glaze:
- 250 grams of powdered sugar;
- tablespoon of lemon juice;
- tablespoon butter.
To assemble the cake:
- 50 grams of dark chocolate;
- two tablespoons of apricot jam;
- 50 grams of almonds;
- one teaspoon of butter.
- You should start with the cake. Separate the whites from the yolks and whip them with sugar to make a fairly strong foam. Dry the nuts in the oven, peel and chop with a blender or coffee grinder.Next, reduce the mixer speed, continue to beat the protein mass, gradually add flour and chopped almonds. Then carefully and slowly add salt and vanilla sugar or vanilla. Divide the mass into five parts and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until a rosy tint appears. If you want to save time, you can immediately prepare the entire volume, and then divide it into five shortcakes, but this process is laborious.
- Now you need to make a cream-nut cream. For this, over medium heat, heat the milk with sugar, stirring constantly with a spoon. Next, beat the yolks with flour, vanilla sugar, regular sugar, and rum. Next, pour a thin stream of hot milk, continuing the process of beating. Beat the cream until it becomes thick. Cool it and add the softened butter, whipping everything in a blender. Fry the nuts or dry in the oven, chop and also enter into the cream, again beating it all together. Put the bowl in the fridge and immediately separate three tablespoons from the total, then to coat the cake on the sides.
- Now you can proceed to the assembly. Put the first cake and mix it well with cream.On top, carefully place the second cake, and also cream it with cream. Spread the last cake with jam, but mix it with two tablespoons of water and bring to a boil. Coat the resulting mass with the cake. Put the cake in the freezer for literally 10 minutes.
- While the cake is cooled, you can cook the icing. Mix the powdered sugar with lemon juice and a well-softened butter. Then gradually add hot water. Its quantity will depend on the desired glaze density, but it should not be very thick, in which case it will be very difficult to work with it. But excessively liquid can spread and not freeze.
- Spread the icing on the top cake. Smear the sides with the remaining cream. Next, in a water bath, melt the chocolate, add the butter and move the composition into the pastry bag. Now make a checkered pattern. Put the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours to make it freeze.
- The delicious Esterhazy cake is ready!
Such a cake to cook at home is much easier. You will need:
For the cake:
- 5 proteins;
- 1 glass of almond nuts;
- ¾ cup of sugar;
- three tablespoons of flour.
- 1 yolk;
- 90 grams of sugar;
- half a glass of milk;
- 1 tablespoon flour;
- 1 tablespoon of starch;
- bag of vanillin.
- 150 grams of butter;
- 150 grams of boiled condensed milk.
For the glaze:
- 50 grams of dark chocolate.
How to cook?
- Nuts dry in the oven or quickly fry in a pan without oil, clean them, cool them, and then grind them, but not too much, so that the taste is felt.
- Cook cakes. Beat the whites to a froth, gently add sugar, and then flour and nut crumb.
- Divide the dough into five pieces, bake the cakes in the oven.
- Make a custard. To do this, beat the yolk with a tablespoon of sugar, add starch and flour. The remaining sugar is dissolved in the milk, boil it. Beat yolks, pour in a thin trickle of milk. Continue beating so that the cream becomes thick. Next, enter the butter and boiled condensed milk, once again, all thoroughly whisk.
- Cover the cream with cream, on top of it, too, need to be coated.
- Chocolate melted and draw them lines from the center on the cake, then with a toothpick connect them.
What is useful asparagus
How to wear leggings
What does boletus look like
What is soy
To live healthy and Elena Malysheva: everything about the program
How to tie a jumpsuit
When waste water