Healthy Makeover: Turkey Burgers
Jun 1, 2010
Pita patties, yogurt, feta, and mint add a taste of Greece to this flavorful but slimmed-down (and heart-healthy) summer favorite.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Total Time: 0 hours 25
1/2 c. plain fat-free yogurt
2 tbsp. plain fat-free yogurt
1/2 c. packed fresh mint leaves
lean ground turkey
1 1/2 oz. feta cheese
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
whole wheat pitas
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup yogurt, white parts of green onions, and half of the chopped mint.
- In large bowl, with hands, combine turkey, feta, coriander, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, green parts of green onions, remaining mint, and remaining yogurt. Mix well, then form into 3 1/2-inch-round patties (each 3/4 inch thick).
- Place turkey patties on hot grill grate; cover and cook 12 to 13 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning once. (Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.) During last 2 minutes of cooking, add pitas to grill. Cook 2 minutes or until warmed, turning once.
- Open pitas. Divide burgers, tomato slices, and yogurt sauce among pitas.
Video: Cook A Healthy Greek Feast: Chicken Souvlaki, Turkey Burgers And Tzatziki | TODAY
Youve Never Seen A Library Like This Before
The fat-burning home workout
What Will Meghan Markles Royal Title Be When She Marries Prince Harry
Are These 3 Miracle Skin-Care Ingredients All Theyre Cracked Up To Be
5 Food Labels You Keep Falling For
15 Easy Ways to Work Leather—Real and Faux—into Your HomeDécor
How to Make Jungle Juice
Ermenegildo Zegna Made to Measure SpringSummer 2013 Men’s Lookbook
News: Study Finds New Health Benefits of Green Vegetables
Chilled Apple Tea
Family Benefits From Treating Alcoholism
Date: 19.12.2018, 16:33 / Views: 94395