How much RAM is needed?
The choice of RAM depends on what the user has to work on the computer. If the computer is bought for working with office applications, watching movies and listening to music, as well as for browsing the Internet, then the memory can be purchased in a minimal amount, if the user will play computer games, as well as work with video and graphics, then RAM much more is needed.
In general, the question of what kind of RAM is needed for a computer is surely asked by each user. Everyone knows that RAM, along with the processor and video card, determines the performance of the computer as a whole. Being a device for temporary storage of information, RAM erases it when the computer is turned off, unlike a hard disk, the data on which is stored in a recorded form until the user deletes them.
This parameter is considered the most important, and it is looking at ordinary buyers in the first place.It should be noted that Windows XP does not support the amount of RAM more than 3 GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7 RAM will need from 2 GB and above. So, to solve the problem of how much RAM you need, let's consider the options that exist today:
- 1 GB With this amount of memory, you can work on the Internet and office programs, watch movies and listen to music. As a rule, such RAM today is installed on low-cost netbooks and is considered the most minimal.
- 2 GB. With this amount of memory, you can play simple computer games at the lowest settings, handle lightweight photos and videos. Such RAM is put in the simplest laptops and most netbooks. It should also be noted that if Windows XP has enough of this “RAM”, then this volume is not enough for Windows 7 and it must be increased (and if you work on a laptop, you will immediately feel the lack of memory - the battery life will be very short ).
- 4 GB. This volume is considered the most optimal at the moment. It allows you to process video and graphics without visible "inhibition", watch movies in high quality and play at maximum settings in some computer games.On laptops, battery life will increase significantly, since the processor's access to the hard disk (swap file) will be significantly reduced.
- 8 GB. This amount of memory is considered the maximum and is used in computers with a high-performance processor (Intel Core i7 or AMD Phenom II X4 or X6 and higher). When working with such RAM, you can edit high-quality video, open demanding programs and simultaneously be in other applications. It should also be noted that with a low-budget processor, an increase in RAM up to 4-8 GB will not add much speed to the operation of the computer, since everything will rest against a small power reserve of the processor itself, and not to a lack of memory. This also applies to laptops that are not designed for solving problems that require large memory resources (4 GB is optimal for them).
Other criteria when choosing RAM
So, you decide how much RAM your computer needs. In addition, when buying RAM, consider the following:
- When installing the memory bar into the slot, you need to remember that a certain type of memory cannot be inserted into the slot calculated for a different type of memory (roughly speaking, you cannot put the DDR2 bar into the slot for DDR3).
- Consider the memory clock frequency.This memory parameter must match the frequency of the motherboard and processor. The most popular are the memory modules with a frequency of 1333 and 1600 MHz.
- Buy memory in sets, rather than one by one, and also consider that it is preferable to buy, for example, two 2 GB modules than one 4 GB bar (this is due to the fact that the performance of two modules will be higher than one).
- If you decide what kind of RAM is needed, choose the right manufacturer: the most popular brands now are Kingston, OSZ, Corsair, Kingmax, Transcend slats.
How to use eyeliner
Tomato or Tomatoes
How to meet a beautiful girl
Why make mistresses
How to dance in a disco
Trolleys in the store
How to lubricate the chain