How to change Windows 7 icons?
Watch the video
Microsoft has done a tremendous amount of work, having redrawn almost all the elements of the Windows 7 operating system interface from scratch. In its themes, many visual effects have been added that make using the computer more colorful and bright. In spite of the fact that the majority of users accepted the introduced innovations with delight, there were also those whom this interface does not suit.
The reasons for this may be many: some computers become "sluggish" when using new graphics, visual effects distract attention or interfere with the usual functions. In addition, someone could just get used to their favorite icons and unique themes on previous versions of the OS, and now, after the update, wants to return everything as it was.
How to change Windows 7 icons on folders and shortcuts?
There are many ways to change icons on Windows 7. Some of them require a deeper knowledge of the principles of the PC, and some work in 2 clicks.
It is worth noting that you can always design with the modified icons, background images, visual design of windows, etc. directly from the official website of Microsoft.
The process of changing Windows 7 icons for folders
- First, find the folder whose icon you want to change;
- Click on it with the right mouse button and in the appeared context menu select the lowest item “Properties”;
- You will see the properties window of the folder in which you need to go to the "Settings" tab;
- After that, you should click on the button that says “Change icon”;
- You will see a dialog box for selecting the image, it will show all the pictures stored in the system library of the OS;
- Now you need to select an image, click on it and press the “OK” button;
- Image changed.
If you want to install an icon from a third-party library or any * .exefile, then you will need to click on the “Browse” button in the image selection dialog box. After that, you need to select a file with pictures (usually it has the extension * .dll). Now the pictures from this file will be displayed in the selection dialog.
In case you don't like it,As the new image looks, you can always return the standard one by clicking on the “Restore Defaults” button in the image selection dialog box.
Where can I find additional icons?
For those who want to change the look of the OS interface as much as possible, you need touse third-party image libraries. They can be found in your computer by going to the folder “C: \ Windows \ System32”. Here are stored files such as "shell32.dll", "ddores.dll", "shell32.dll", etc., which contain a variety of pictures. In addition, if you search in folders with installed programs and games, you can also find their icons in resources with the extension * .dll and * .exe.
Change icons for labels
The process of changing shortcut icons is not much different from folders:
- First you need to right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties";
- Here you will need to go to the tab “Shortcut” and click on the button “Change icon”;
- After that, the image selection dialog box that you already know will open;
- Now it is enough to select the desired picture and click on the “OK” button;
If you want to change the icons of the system folders or shortcuts located on the desktop, you need to do the following operations:
- Right-click on the desktop and select"Personalization";
- Now click on the item "Change Desktop Icons" on the left side of the window;
- Select the icon you want to change and click on the “Change Icon” button;
- Now select the desired picture and click "OK".
How to cook delicious mushrooms
Why mother-in-law does not give her husband money to buy an apartment
How to prevent apartment robbery
Where are the guts
How to educate a stepdaughter
What is goji