How to cook beef goulash?
This goulash is a cross between meat gravy and thick soup, with a high content of not only meat but also vegetables. Goulash has a beautiful rich color and thick texture. It goes well with side dishes of vegetables or cereals. Virtually every housewife has his own recipe for how to make beef goulash.
In order for goulash to be tasty and juicy, it is important to choose the right meat for it. For goulash, the flesh of the hind leg or shoulder blade is best. Beef goulash is cooked for at least one and a half hours and during this time the meat becomes soft, and the dish has a rich and rich taste. If the hostess wants the beef goulash to have a thicker consistency, then at the end of cooking you can add a couple of teaspoons of flour, lightly roasted in a pan.
How to cook Hungarian beef goulash
- Onions (1 large onion) must be cut into small circles. Melt about 40.0 g of lard in a deep frying pan and fry the onion on it to a light golden color.
- When the onions change color and become soft, 4 teaspoons of ground paprika are added to it and mixed well so that the paprika mixes evenly with onions and fat.
- 600,0 g beef pulp cut into large cubes and add to the mixture of onion and paprika. Stir, salt (1 teaspoon sea salt) and pepper (0.5 teaspoon black pepper). Fry the meat for several minutes on high heat. After that, add a little boiling water, tightly cover the pan with the lid and simmer the goulash on a very small fire for about an hour.
- While the meat is stewing, finely chop 200.0 g of red carrots, 1 large sweet red pepper, 150.0 tomatoes, and 4 cloves of garlic. Add the vegetables to the goulash, bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, potatoes are cut into large cubes (4 - 5 potatoes) and cooked until ready.
We told you how to make Hungarian beef goulash. We can say that this is a recipe for classic goulash, because This dish came to us from Hungary, where it is still being prepared and is eaten not as a meat gravy, but a thick meat and vegetable soup.
Goulash in Russia
But in Russia, the recipe for goulash is a little different from Hungarian. In our country, goulash is prepared just as meat gravy for mashed potatoes or buckwheat porridge.Therefore, Russian housewives usually do not add potatoes to goulash, and instead of finely chopped red tomatoes and paprika they add ketchup. Far from everyone likes carrots in goulash, but it gives the dish a peculiar sweetish taste. Therefore, if you or your loved ones do not like boiled carrots, then you can, instead of cutting it into pieces, grate it.
In the classic Hungarian spice goulash, only salt, black pepper and ground paprika are added. In Russia, many housewives in the preparation of goulash add to it and other spices, such as bay leaf or cumin.
But regardless of the recipe of the goulash, the result is a very tasty meat dish, which is loved by almost everyone!
How to get rid of foot odor
How to draw a tank
What are eggplants useful for?
How to fuck sleeping
How to perform this calculation or tell the rule
Cake of Million Crimson Roses
How to grow a child
Which Tele2 tariff is more profitable