How to cook halibut?
Halibut is a very tasty fish. From it you can make a variety of dishes. But most often cook such fish in batter and steamed. The recipes for these delicious and flavorful dishes are listed below.
How to cook halibut in batter
Treat your family to halibut in a batter that fits perfectly with various side dishes. To prepare such a dish for 6 servings you will need the following ingredients:
- fillet of halibut - 500 g;
- kefir - 150 ml;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 200 g;
- spices for fish 1 tsp;
- salt - to taste;
- turmeric - ½ tsp;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Before you cook the fillet of halibut it needs to be defrosted, if you had time to purchase fish in advance. If it is fresh, then you can immediately proceed to the cooking process, which looks like this:
- Rinse the halibut fillet well and cut into portions. Sprinkle them with lemon juice, then salt and add spices to them. Leave the fish pieces to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Start cooking your batter. Take a deep bowl, put eggs in there and pour kefir.Blend the ingredients thoroughly. Then begin to introduce a little flour. You need to get the consistency a little thicker than the test for pancakes. Be sure to salt the batter and add the turmeric.
- Put the pan on the fire with oil. Marinated fish pieces dip in batter. Then put them gently on the pan and begin to fry over medium heat. It is necessary that the halibut acquired a golden crust. Then pull the pieces on a plate and serve to the table with any side dish (mashed potatoes, buckwheat, rice).
How to cook steamed halibut
If you want to cook a dietary dish from halibut, then you should use this recipe, which provides these ingredients:
- dried mushrooms - 200 g;
- halibut fillet - 600 g;
- corn flour - 30 g;
- vanilla (pods) - 2 pcs .;
- 1 yolk;
- canned pineapples - 300 g;
- cream of high fat content - 15 ml;
- seasonings and salt to taste.
From these ingredients you can cook four portions at once. If you decide to serve such a dish for the festive table, then the number of ingredients should be increased several times.
This step-by-step instruction will help you to prepare delicious steamed halibut:
- Rinse dried mushrooms under running water, then transfer to a bowl and cover with warm liquid.Leave them to soak for 30 minutes. Then cut the mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
- Get the canned pineapples. Put them on a paper towel. It is necessary that they leave the liquid. Then cut them into cubes.
- Rinse the halibut fillet and place on a paper towel. Then cut the fish into portions. Salt and pepper halibut, and then leave for 10-15 minutes in the tank. During this time, the fish will have time to marinate thoroughly.
- Put a double boiler, in its capacity lay out the halibut fillet, and near it vanilla pods, cut in half. Sliced mushrooms and pineapples should be spread over the fish. It is required to cook all this for a couple within 20-25 minutes.
- Make fish sauce. Mix in a small enamel bowl cream, cornmeal and egg yolk. It is necessary to obtain a homogeneous consistency. Put a container with a creamy mass on the fire and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a minimum and begin to boil the sauce within 15-20 minutes. Be sure to stir it so that no lumps form in it.
- Ready fish with mushrooms and pineapples shift from the double boiler to the dish.Pour it with cooked creamy sauce. Then serve halibut to the table. Bon Appetit!
Please note that in the preparation of the presented dishes it is necessary to use fresh or recently frozen fish. Then she will have a terrific aroma, and her meat will be tender. If the halibut has been frozen for a long time, then there is a chance that it will be bitter.
How does a child see
44 advice from Jamie Oliver, who will make you a real chef
How to make a firework
What is personality
Ear on the fire
How is it - to be friends
Tell me how on this site http: kaknastroit.com in the comments add answer quote