How to copy to excel?
To date, Excel is one of the most popular for conducting various types of reporting and calculations. Therefore, everyone needs to know the basics of working with it. The article will teach you how to copy various components in Excel.
Copy single cell value
In order to copy the contents of the cell to Excel (text, numbers, formula, etc.) and paste it into another cell, place the cursor on it by clicking on it with the left mouse button. For further manipulations, choose the most convenient way for you:
- copying using the drop-down menu of the mouse. In order to use this function, right-click on a cell and select “Copy”. Then place the cursor on the cell where you want to transfer the information, right-click on it and select "Paste".
- copy by mouse. Hold down the "Ctrl" key and left-click on the selected cell: move the cursor to its edge, the cursor changes its shape to an arrow with a plus. Continuing to hold “Ctrl”, move the cursor to the cell where you want to copy information. Release the button. Information moved.
- copying using character combinations. Place the cursor on the cell whose data you need to copy. Simultaneously press the "Ctrl" and "C" keys, these cells will be copied. Use the left mouse button to select the cell where you would like to transfer the data and apply the key combination “Ctrl” and “V”.
Copying Multiple Cell Values
In order to copy into Excel formulas, text, numbers, located in several cells, you can use one of the above options. The difference lies only in the method of extracting the necessary information array. Let us consider the various options:
- highlighting information of a small number of adjacent cells. Left-click on one of the corner cells of the selected array. Without releasing the button, move the cursor so that the selection box captures all the desired cells.
- the selection of information a significant number of adjacent cells. Left-click on one of the corner cells. Hold down the “Shift” key and left-click on the diagonal opposite of the original corner cell.
- selection of information from non-adjacent cells.Hold down the "Ctrl" key, left-click one by one through all the necessary cells.
- selection of rows and columns. Copy rows or columns in Excel, you can use the function of their selection. To do this, move the cursor to the letter or number corresponding to the required columns / rows and click on them with the left mouse button. The cursor will change its shape to a thick vertical or horizontal arrow. If you need to select several adjacent areas, hold down the "Shift" key and click on the extreme cell, and if non-adjacent, hold down "Ctrl" and select all the necessary cells with the cursor.
Copy all sheet cells
In order to copy the entire sheet to Excel, you must press the "Select All" button, which is located between the letter "A" and the number "1". Then set the cursor to the selected area for insertion and use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl” + “V” or the pop-up menu to insert information. You can also use another way. Right-click on the sheet tab (by default, “Sheet 1”), select “Move / copy”. In the drop-down menu, check the box "Create a copy", and in the list of sheets, choose which one to place it before.
Copy Word Table to Excel
If you need to copy data from a Word table to Excel, you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- Select the required table rows and columns in the source document. If you need to transfer the entire table, left-click on the intersection of the arrows in the upper left corner of the table that appear when you hover the cursor. Copy the necessary data in any of the above ways.
- Left-click on the upper left corner of the Excel table area where you would like to copy the table. Insert data using any of the above options.
What is savanna
How to knit a dress
How to name a clothing store
Buying a property in Barcelona
Rope chandelier (lamp)
What men appreciate in women
How to connect the starter