How to crochet for beginners - detailed schemes
To make it easier to learn crochet, for beginners there are diagrams with a detailed description. They display every step and help to learn all the techniques of skill. Crocheted products are amazingly beautiful and light. Decorative napkins, soft toys, openwork tablecloths, wardrobe items - ideas for the realization of fantasy are endless. Crocheting is unusually interesting, this process is so demanding that some of the needlewomen just can not tear myself away.
On a note! Not only the appearance of the finished product, but also the comfort of the knitting process itself depends on the correct choice of threads and a hook.
How to choose a hook?
The first step in preparing for crocheting is choosing a tool. In this case, saving is a bad helper. Cheap plastic hooks are rarely perfectly smooth. They pull the yarn and generally create inconvenience in the process.Experienced needlewomen recommend to beginning craftswomen to choose a hook with a metal tip.
When choosing a hook should be guided by the following recommendations:
- The tool barb should not be sharp, but narrow, it will help to avoid finger injuries and splitting of yarn;
- the thickness of the hook is selected depending on the thickness of the thread - the larger the diameter of the rod, the larger the loops;
- for beginning needlewomen the hook with the monolithic handle will be more convenient than other variations.
The standard hook length is 12–16 cm, but for Tunisian knitting, tools up to 40 cm are used.
Usually in the scheme with the description the required size of the hook and the type of yarn recommended for it are indicated. There is also a manual method that will help you choose the desired thickness of the hook. It is required to pick up the thread and see how much it has filled the notch. In case of proper selection of the material and tool, the yarn will fit tightly into the recess of the hook and completely fill it without leaving it.
How to choose yarn?
Almost all types of yarn are used for crocheting; however, novice craftswomen should pay attention to the presence of nap.It will interfere with learning, so wool should be discarded at the initial stage.
To make crocheting for beginners comfortable, you need to use smooth and not too twisted yarn. For the first time it is worth trying a melange thread. It is not only easy to use, but also capable of hiding some of the flaws made during the mating process.
Rules of work
Learning to crochet is easy. After a few days, novice needlewomen will be able to deftly and quickly create simple patterns.
It is advisable to organize yourself a comfortable workplace. Since elbows are hard to hold on for a long time, it is preferable to sit on a chair with armrests. In addition, it is important to take care of good lighting, which will help to immediately see and correct errors, as well as eliminate the need to strain your eyesight.
Beginners who try to crochet for the first time should choose a light or bright thread. On the dark yarn, the eyelets are not visible well enough.
How to knit air loops for beginners?
First of all, it is necessary to learn how to knit simple loops, which are the basis for the whole product.As a rule, the process of crocheting begins with the creation of a chain of air loops.
To type a series of air loops, you should use the scheme with a detailed description of the work:
- Visually measure about 10 cm from the thread and wrap the resulting piece in the form of a ringlet.
- Insert the hook into the middle of the eyelet and stretch the thread that is caught.
- The working thread goes behind the hook. Grab it and pull out through the loop. In this way you need to knit the whole chain, which consists of air loops.
Thus, the knitting of air loops with the help of a hook will not cause difficulties even for beginners, if they use simple schemes with a detailed description.
Types of loops
Crochet is based on two types of loops - double crochet and without it. It is enough to learn how to properly tie them in order to master the basics of needlework.
Stack without crochet
This is the simplest of the existing types of loops, which allows you to make the knitting of the finished product more dense. A crochet without nakida often draws edges.
A column without a crochet should be knitted in this way:
- Insert the hook into the loop of the base, hooking it from the front side.
- Grab the working thread and bring it through the captured loop. As a result, there will be two loops on the hook.
- Grab the working thread again and pull it out through these two loops.
When making the edging of the product with single crochets, you need to knit the whole row to the end, and if you want to tie another one.
Another type of loop, which is often used when crocheting - crochet column. For beginners who are new to the technique of this needlework, it is enough to learn how to make the simplest version of it. However, there is a column not only with one, but with two, three or more nakida.
A scheme with a detailed description of each action will help to knit a double crochet:
- Throw a working thread on the hook and hook the 4 loops of the row.
- Grab the working thread again and pull it out through this loop. On the hook formed 3 loops.
- Then once again grab the working thread and bring it through 2 loops.
- There are two loops left on the hook. Through them, you need to bring a working thread, pre-captured her working tool.
Similarly, you need to knit the whole row.
For beginners, it is enough to master the knitting technique with and without single crochets to create simple patterns.
How to tie a crochet mug case: a master class for beginners
Any crocheted little things are of special value because they are made with your own hands. It is not difficult to make a mug case itself, if the basics of needlework are already mastered. To associate this product, it does not take much time, just select a couple of hours. In addition, even beginners can make it. You can use the case for a handmade mug as a gift or keep it.
Master class for beginners in making a crochet mug cover:
- First of all, you need to prepare a yarn and a hook. You can use threads of any color. Link a chain of air loops. Its length should correspond to the diameter of the bottom of the cup.
- Using a chain of air loops for the base, tie the canvas with crochets. In principle, it is possible to perform mating with double crochets, there is no significant difference. The main thing is that the height of the canvas corresponds to the height of the cup.
- The lower part of the canvas to connect the chain, consisting of several air loops. To knit them with two rows of columns without crochets. In the upper part of the cloth on one side sew a beautiful button, and on the other make a loop.
- Push the button into the loop. Crochet mug holder ready.
Expansion and contraction of the web
As with knitting, in the process of manufacturing a product with a hook, sometimes it is necessary to expand or contract individual parts. Make it very easy. It is enough to add or reduce the number of loops, respectively. Even beginners can cope with this task.
So, first it is worth considering a way to expand the web. To do this, you need to knit the required number of columns from one loop of the base. Moreover, the method of mating does not matter at all. These can be columns with single or single, depending on the pattern. The method of expanding the canvas is used in the manufacture of toys, garments and other things. From one loop of the base it is necessary to knit as many columns as they are needed to increase the width of the finished product. The more columns are knitted additionally, the wider the canvas will turn out.
When a part is necessary, on the contrary, narrow it, the columns are knitted with a common vertex. To this end, on the hook you need to leave two, not one loop. Then follow the crochet or without the next loop of the base. At the end, all the loops present on the hook are knitted together.Next you need to make an additional air loop.
Schemes and rules for their reading
Today there are a huge number of ready-made schemes for which it is easy to link absolutely any product. This greatly simplifies the learning process for beginners. However, not all schemes have a detailed description. Therefore, it is important to learn how to read them correctly.
In crochet patterns, special signs are used to indicate different types of loops. It is enough just to know their decryption in order to learn how to knit all sorts of products.
As a rule, the scheme clearly displays all the rows that make up the canvas. Also on them are indicated edging loops, which are otherwise called extreme. They will later go to the seam. Beginners should first use simple schemes for crocheting, and only after obtaining certain skills to proceed to more complex products.
As an example, several simple schemes are presented.
Video: how to crochet for beginners?
If you learn to crochet itself, you can create unique products, which simply do not exist. They will never lose their value, because they were created with their own hands.Handicraft is always a priority.
Video tutorials for beginners, in which the entire process is presented in detail and clearly, will help you quickly learn how to crochet even complex items.
Box for eggs
Woven rag rug
How to remove the valve cover
What is lived
How many bones in hand