How to make an album?
Watch the video
Some people prefer not to buy monotonous photo albums in stores for storing their photos, but to make them with their own hands. This type of handmade art has a very large history and is called "scrapbooking", which translated means "book from scrapbooks". Such albums usually cover different themes: birth of a child, wedding, anniversary, travel.
Scrapbooking originated in England and Germany, when it was fashionable to collect poems, quotes, clippings from albums with engravings into a separate book. With the emergence of photos for scrapbooking fans the opportunity to make albums related to certain events of personal life. Now this lesson is one of the most widespread female and male hobbies both in the West and here in Russia (demobels' albums can be called one of the examples of domestic art). So, how to make an album with your own hands?
Since the albums are designed for long-term storage, then, accordingly, the materials from which they are made must be chemically neutral:
- special colored paper 30x30 cm with patterns, glitter and other details;
- colored and patterned tracing paper;
- corrugated and thick cardboard;
- sets of three-dimensional elements (rhinestones, frames, buttons, shells, thermo stickers, decals);
- commemorative elements (tickets, business cards, cards, letters, tags).
Of the tools used in scrapbooking, glue, tape, scissors, hole punching, pencils, pens, markers are used. Naturally, the entire toolkit must be chemically neutral in order for the album to survive and not collapse ahead of time. So, if you have all of the above, you have an idea in your head how to create an album - how to make it original? There are three main technologies for creating albums:
- Distressing: artificial aging of the album - creating torn edges, scuffs, scratches, the use of special ink and tones;
- embossing: creating a convex pattern by embossing or by heating a special powder;
- Stamping: creating effects with ink and stamps.
Choose a style and album cover
So, you know for sure that your hobby is scrapbooking. How to make an album unusual and bright? You need to pick a style! To create your album, you can choose the following styles:
- vintage style and heritage (used vintage photos and pictures);
- European style (many beautifully cut photos on each page);
- American style (a large number of jewelry);
- the style of "pure and simple" (the use of a minimum of ornaments in a puzzle band);
- style "shabby chic" (use of false-aged effect);
- mixed style (elements of different styles are used);
- free style (using light paper and pencils).
The choice of all of the above is not so difficult when it comes to creating a cover. When you join all the sheets of the album with special metal rings or with glue, you get an album with a regular cardboard cover on top. So, how to make a cover for the album to make it special? There are the following methods of drawing up the cover:
- paper cover (paste or sew on a typewriter colored sheet of paper);
- fabric cover (sew on a typewriter tapestry, jeans, velvet, drape to cardboard);
- paperback (gluing the polyester and fabric to cardboard, decorating the edges with braid));
- a patchwork of cloth (sewed on strips, triangles, small squares on cardboard);
- knitted cover (tie a cover on each side and put it on the cardboard);
- leather cover (stick or sew on a typewriter to cardboard).
From above you can decorate the cover with paper flowers, metal pendants, laces and other attributes depending on your fantasy.
Children's and wedding albums
When creating albums, you can be guided by any ideas, but the only thing that should be consistently is its subject matter. Perhaps the most common are wedding and children's albums. So how to make a wedding album?
- use letters and notes of lovers;
- pick up beautiful poems and quotes;
- put pieces of wedding jewelry, garters and flowers into the album;
- Use glitter varnishes for your cover.
If you decide how to make a children's album, follow these tips:
- be sure to determine the number of sheets, break them down by months or topics;
- for registration use baby buttons in the form of nipples, bears, shoes;
- do not forget about flowers that are able to decorate any page;
- Be sure to add children's stickers;
- On the cover you can sew a children's embroidery, made by hand.
Naturally, the main design of the album depends on you, because it is your thoughts, skills and memories that will be realized in the created album.
How to cook vinaigrette
A heart with your own hands as a gift for Valentine's Day
How to start a conversation
How to make a tree out of paper
How to insert a logo
Delicious Georgian tkemali sauce of plums or cherry plums