How to prepare for gastroscopy?
Modern medicine is able to explore the human body in the smallest detail. Endoscopy procedures have a special role in this, and gastroscopy also applies to them.
Gastroscopy is an internal study of the duodenum, stomach and esophagus, through the introduction of the mouth of a special device - a gastroscope. Although this process is not particularly difficult, preparation for it is an important component of the entire study.
It is important to know that the accuracy and quality of the results mainly depend on the proper preparation of the patient for the procedure. According to the results of statistics, about 2% of patients get the wrong results precisely because of unfair preparation.
All information about the rules of preparation the patient can receive on consultation with the doctor, or independently (from reliable sources). Experts advise to adhere to the first option, namely to get all the necessary information from the endoscopist.
How to prepare for a gastroscopic examination?
The process of preparing for fibrogastroscopy can be divided into local and general.
General training consists of three stages:
- Getting the most accurate information about why gastroscopy is needed, how it is done, the purpose of the equipment and the likely consequences. That is, the patient should have a general idea of the structure of the procedure. So he will be psychologically ready for her.
- Partial stabilization or normalization of homeostasis parameters. First of all, it is the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. With strong deviations and disturbances of the parameters of homeostasis, the doctor is obliged to take measures to normalize them. Consequently, the risk of possible complications during or after the procedure is reduced.
- The choice of painkillers for the study should be carried out in advance. Be sure to consider the patient's sensitivity to the drug, personal preferences and possible allergic reaction. Buy the drug should first consult with your doctor.
Local training is based on the following actions:
- Treatment and diagnosis of inflammatory processes of the mucous membrane of the throat, larynx and esophagus. This is to ensure that the way in which the gastroscopy will be introduced should be healthy and without any deviations. Thus, if a patient has tonsillitis, acute respiratory disease, or cracks, the procedure of gastroscopy is strictly prohibited until complete recovery.
- Cleansing the stomach. Endoscopic examination is often carried out on an empty stomach, in the morning. Food should be taken up to a maximum of 20:00 in the evening. If the procedure takes place in the afternoon, then a light breakfast is allowed, approximately 9 hours before the procedure.
- The use of local painkillers on the root of the tongue. Often used for this spray Lidocaine. Due to this, unpleasant sensations decrease, and when entering a gastroscopy, vomitive reflexes are suppressed.
To make the correct diagnosis and get the most correct results, it is necessary to adhere to a special diet before conducting the study.
Before conducting a gastroscopy study, it is forbidden to take such food:
- alcohol and spicy foods (exclude 2 days before the procedure);
- whole grains (must be excluded 1 day prior to the study);
- flour products;
- adjika, ketchup, mayonnaise and other sauces;
- smoked products;
- too cold or hot food;
- fast food.
Paste and liquid food is the most suitable. To eat food is recommended in a warm form. The most optimal is cooking for a couple. Before researching, it is best to eat fish, dairy products, vegetables, fruits, light soups. Also, 3 hours before the procedure, it is allowed to drink non-carbonated water, in a volume of not more than 100ml.
Thus, it is necessary to exclude all food that is hard absorbed by the body, increases the acidity of the stomach and can irritate the mucous membrane. A preference is recommended to give light food, with the content of plant fiber.
Gastroscopic examination of children
This diagnosis for the child has some features. Based on the fact that the mucous membrane of the child's body is very thin and vulnerable, endoscopes with a diameter of 6-9 mm are used for them.For children under 6 years old, the procedure is performed with anesthesia, and for an age older than this, anesthesia is not used.
There are also cases in which anesthesia is used: a severe form of the disease or it is likely that the time of the study will be long. Preparation for the procedure in children is the same as in adults.
Complications after diagnosis
This procedure in modern medicine is used for a long time, so complications occur very rarely. However, such deterioration may occur:
- bleeding that occurs due to injury to the wall of the organ;
- the formation of a defect on the wall of the organ.
After the procedure, only discomfort in the throat is likely, which after one or two days will disappear without a trace.
As a conclusion, it must be said that gastroscopy of the stomach must be treated as responsibly and seriously as possible. Before the procedure, it is advisable to consult with a doctor, because he will give the patient important recommendations and tips, taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism.
What does rectal mean?
What is humanity
Girls, why I cry, I broke up with mine and do not regret it, only now I care, we must go first
How to cook homemade pate
We are making a summer blouse for the baby with our own hands