How to remove the tiles?
Watch the video
The dirtiest and most unpleasant part of any repair is the preparation of the surface and the removal of old material. This fully applies to the removal of tiles from the walls, ceiling and floor. In this article we will look at how to remove the old tile.
First of all, you need to prepare the tool. We will need:
- a hammer;
- putty knife;
- glass cutter;
- protective glasses;
- drill with pobeditovy tip;
- special nozzle for punch in the form of a chisel;
- polyethylene film;
There are several ways to remove tiles. The choice of method depends on the following factors:
- Do you plan to use this tile in the future;
- it is necessary to remove the entire tile or only a part of it (maybe just a few tiles in the center of the surface).
Complete dismantling of tiles
This option implies that it is necessary to completely clean the surface and at the same time do not plan to use the old material. For example, let's see how to remove the tile in the bathroom:
- Remove from the room all items that may be damaged by fragments of old tiles. That equipment that you can not take out (bath, toilet) carefully close the cloth and plastic wrap.
- Wear safety goggles and a respirator. When working there will be a lot of dust and small fragments, you can seriously hurt your eyes.
- It is most convenient to remove the old tile using a perforator. Insert the chisel nozzle into the perforator cartridge, switch the perforator to the percussion mode and chop off the old tile, starting from the top row.
- Especially carefully and carefully it is necessary to work in those places where there are water and sewer pipes.
- After removing the entire tile, also using a perforator, remove the remaining mortar from the walls with which the tile was attached.
- In the absence of a punch, you will have to work with a chisel and a hammer. The technology is no different, but to remove a tile in this way will have to spend a lot of time and effort. The work is very dirty and time consuming.
Selective dismantling of tiles
The process looks more difficult when you need to remove only a few tiles in the center of the surface:
- Using a spatula, remove the old putty from the seams around the desired tile.
- With a glass cutter, scratch the tile diagonally. So it will be pricked mainly along these lines.
- Insert a drill bit with a drill bit into the punch chuck. Drill several through holes in the tile.
- Insert the chisel nozzle into the punch chuck and begin to peel off the scratched and drilled tile.
- The removal of adjacent tiles is the same as in the previous method.
Dismantling for reuse
This method helps to remove the tiles from the walls so that it can be used in the future. This is more laborious work that takes longer. But at the same time, you can save the material.
- Starting to remove old tiles is also necessary from the top row.
- Spatula gently scratch the tile around the perimeter, completely removing the old putty.
- Insert the spatula into the slot and gently tap the handle with a hammer.
- Using a spatula and a hammer, carefully remove the remnants of the old glue from the back of the tile. The spatula must always be kept at a sharp angle, otherwise the tile will crack.
When to plant currants
How to connect free SMS
How many hens bears eggs
What is a newspaper
What is the correct way to wear fur accessories