How to split the archive?
Nowadays, quite often there is a need to send a large file by e-mail or write it to any removable media. But here, many users are faced with a problem: the file is too large to send it as an attachment to a letter or burn it to disk. Solving this problem is quite simple if you have WinRAR - one of the most popular archivers. With it, you can split a file into several parts of the required size. So, let's see how to split the archive:
- First make sure whether the archiver is installed. Go to the "Start" menu and in the "All Programs" section, find the folder called "WinRAR". If it is not there, then download and install the archiver in a convenient way for you.
- Right-click on the file that you want to split into parts, and in the opened menu, click "Add files to archive ...".
- In the opened window of the archiver, in its top panel you need to select the �General� tab.
- Look at the bottom of the window that opens, labeled "Split into volumes (size in bytes)."Here you need to enter the size of the fragments into which the file will be split. This means that if, for example, you need to get 10 fragments of 100 megabytes from a 1 gigabyte file, you need to enter the number �104857600� �that is how many bytes fit into 100 megabytes. In order to calculate the required size in bytes, use the formula: Number of megabytes∗1024∗1024.
- Now click the �OK� button and wait until the backup is completed.
Now you know how to split the archive into parts, and to unpack it, it is enough to place all the fragments into one folder and open any of them.
2 years of wedding: what to give
Why tinnitus appears
How to wash your nose
What is barley
Tell me, please, what to do