How to treat nerve inflammation?
Nerve inflammation is a very frequent disease, accompanied by rather unpleasant sensations. This neuralgia, as a rule, occurs when a variety of infectious diseases: hypothermia of the body, allergies, drug poisoning, etc. Leaving this disease without treatment is impossible, since it can turn into a chronic form and then it will be much more difficult to cure it. In this article, let's look at the main types of neuralgia and how to treat nerve inflammation with folk remedies.
Types of neuralgia
Inflammation of the sciatic nerve, as a rule, is characterized by pain, which gradually changes from the weak to the rather intense, especially at night. To delay the visit to the doctor does not make sense, since the disease itself will not go away.
Before answering the question of how to treat sciatic nerve inflammation, let's look at the main signs by which you can diagnose this disease:
- Violation of mobility of the knee joint, feet, etc. An obvious sign is the inability to stretch the foot forward or rotate it in different directions.
- When raising the legs, there is severe pain.
- Abnormal and weak reflexes.
- Blood test
During treatment, doctors recommend in the first days to observe bed rest and apply ten-minute cool compresses on painful areas of the body. Compresses of ice wrapped in cloth are considered the most effective. You can also just put a towel moistened with cold water. In case of severe acute pain, it is recommended to take an anesthetic medication, for example, “Ibuprofen”. With a strong inflammatory process, the doctor usually prescribes anti-inflammatory drugs. It is also recommended for at least two weeks not to lift weights and not to lead a physically active lifestyle.
Inflammation of the facial nerve is usually manifested in the form of paralysis of various facial muscles. Symptoms of this disease are:
- dry eyes or lacrimation;
- asymmetry of the face, which appeared due to paralysis of the facial muscles;
- pain in the ear;
- hearing loss;
- disorder of taste sensations;
- hyperacusia is an increased sensitivity to sounds that causes pain.
In medicine, there are primary and secondary inflammation of the facial nerve. How to treat this disease? Doctors recommend that if you suspect that you immediately go to the hospital so that the onset of the inflammatory process does not lead to extensive paralysis. Be aware that timely and correct treatment guarantees the complete elimination of all symptoms only in 80% of cases. Usually, a complex treatment is prescribed by a doctor, which includes: facial acupressure, acupuncture, herbal medicine and special warming up. This complex allows you to quickly recover from this disease.
Inflammation of the trigeminal nerve is characterized by recurring acute pain lasting a few seconds with short breaks. The pain usually appears when moving, touching the pain point, chewing. A painful attack is accompanied by a convulsion of facial muscles and dilated pupils.
Considering the question of how to treat inflammation of the trigeminal nerve, it is worth noting that two methods of treatment are used in medicine:
- Conservative - this method of treatment is mainly used in the initial stages of the disease. To prevent attacks, the doctor prescribes anticonvulsants. Sometimes in the complex can also be appointed: sedatives, antispasmodics and vascular agents. In some cases, at the discretion of the physician, a laser method and treatment using physiotherapeutic procedures may be prescribed.
- The surgical method has two ways in which this disease is countered. The first method is trepanning the cranial posterior fossa and restoring the position of the roots relative to the veins and arteries. The second method is to conduct radio-frequency destruction of the roots percutaneously. This method over the first has a great advantage - it is conducting using local anesthesia, so that the recovery of the patient is much faster.
Treatment of folk remedies
If you decide to use folk remedies, let's look at how to treat nerve inflammation at home. However, remember that before applying it is necessary to make sure that the patient does not have an allergic reaction to the components used.And any home treatment does not remove the need, seek the advice of a qualified doctor.
- Sore areas of the body to rub with essential oils, such as: fennel, marjoram, peppermint and medicinal meadowsweet.
- Take 4 heads of garlic, rub them in a mug, then fill with water, about half the glass. Next you need to put the mug on a slow fire and set the funnel. Before boiling water, inhalation must be performed within 10 minutes of each nostril.
- You need to take 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablet of dipyrone, pounded into powder. Mix everything and apply the mixture to the painful area with a thin layer. Cover with a towel or napkin and leave for about two hours.
- Take 5 tablespoons of pharmaceutical chamomile, cover with a liter of water and boil for 10 minutes in an enamel bowl. Ostuzhenny broth should be drunk within three days on 1 glass.
- As a thermal therapy for acute inflammation of the nerve helps a hot bath, in which the added sulfur. It is also recommended to visit saunas, to do warming compresses and warm foot baths.
- It is possible to increase the effectiveness of various treatment methods by adhering to a diet, namely the consumption of meat - to decrease, while increasing the consumption of raw vegetables,and also drink diuretic tea. This diet helps the body to remove toxic substances.
Soup with dumplings in Persian
What are critical days?
When will include heating in Perm in 2015
What dreams the moon
Two things that distinguish the Japanese from all other nations of the world. THIS you will not meet anywhere else
Kim Kardashian launches new show