What is useful wormwood for man?
Wormwood - bitter grass. This is known to everyone, because the plant has long been familiar to man as a natural medicine and a symbol of protection against evil spirits, for which the twigs of wormwood were kept in the huts. She was credited with many "magical" qualities that are useful for the human body - the removal of fatigue, charm from the water with mermaids and others.
However, the main advantage of the culture lies in the medicinal properties that enable it to serve as an effective raw material for such medicinal forms as tinctures, decoctions, ointments and even pharmaceutical medications.
Culture from the family of Compositae grows to a height of up to two meters and has a short, branchy and lignified root. In the first year of life, she throws out the subordinate buds, on the second shoots, which after a year can blossom and bear fruit. This plant with erect, branched in the upper part of the branches is silvery-grayish, with pubescence.
Herb wormwood has a strong spicy smell and bitter taste.The area of distribution of culture includes the whole territory of Europe, the Caucasus, Western Siberia, Kazakhstan and Central Asia, where it occupies empty, abandoned areas, roadsides and edges in the forest. Harvesting of medicinal raw materials is carried out during flowering, by cutting off leafy tops, which is very important for the quality of the harvested material. At a later harvest, the grass darkens during the drying process, and the baskets collapse.
The drying itself takes place in natural conditions, by laying out a thin layer of the plant in attics or in the shade, with a constant flip of the raw material, which, when properly dried, retains its beneficial properties, coupled with a fragrant, spicy smell and a spicy-bitter taste.
Healing plant quality
The beneficial qualities of wormwood are due to the active substances contained in it:
- absintin, anabsintin, flavonoids, thujone;
- pinene and cadinene, bisabolone, hamazulenogen, selenene.
The leaf part of the plant has a composition of valuable substances:
- phytoncides, alkaloids, capillin, ascorbic acid, provitamin A;
- malic and succinic acid, tannins, saponins, carotene.
The intake of wormwood helps to establish the work of such important and different systems of the human body as:
- respiratory and digestive;
- nervous and urinary;
- reproductive and cardiovascular.
In addition, the plant acts to strengthen the immune system, counteracting many viral infections.
The effect of herbs on the body
Thanks to components, wormwood is versatile and efficiently acts on the human body:
- With the help of herbal galenic substances, the pancreatic reflex function with the gallbladder is stimulated, which helps to separate bile and improve digestion.
- Anti-inflammatory action with cardiac stimuli depends on terpenoid compounds.
- Essential oil of wormwood is excited and normalizes the work of the central nervous system.
- The herb has bactericidal and fungicidal properties due to the presence of unsaturated hydrocarbons.
- Wormwood is often referred to as female grass, treating female diseases, used:
- in obstetrics;
- in gynecology.
For example, a tablespoon three times a day, it is prescribed in the absence of the menstrual cycle and painful sensations during its lower abdomen.
How is culture used?
The use of the above-ground part of wormwood in the preparation of such dosage forms as infusions, tinctures, extracts, allows to achieve the following results:
- Stir up your appetite and improve digestion, thanks to bitterness.
- Successfully treat asthma, rheumatism, taking into account antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Apply in the treatment of eczema and burns.
- Assign with diagnoses - gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- Effectively help in the treatment of enterocolitis, liver and kidney diseases.
- To help get rid of anemia, ascariasis, insomnia.
- Achieve success in treating conditions such as anemia, obesity, flatulence, migraine.
- As a complex therapy, wormwood with other drugs has been successful in pulmonary tuberculosis, hypertension, fever, edema, hemorrhoids.
- The benefit of the plant is visible in the presence of unpleasant smell from the mouth, whiter, neurasthenia, gout, paralysis, epilepsy.
- It is used for frequent fainting and alcoholism, heartburn and cholera for quick recovery.
- With the help of compresses with lotions, articular pain is relieved with their inflammation.
Herbal Medicinal Forms
To make a plant-based ointment, you need to mix ten grams of its thick extract with one hundred grams of vegetable oil or pig fat.
Juice wormwood impregnate dressings for calluses, bleeding from injuries, to decontaminate and heal the damage. It is noticed that the mashed grass, applied to the place of bruise or to the dislocated joint, allows to soothe the pain and to remove puffiness. Prepare the juice by pressing the leaf part and branches of culture, but do it before flowering. Drink three times a day before meals, mixing a tablespoon of juice with honey.
With the tincture of Artemisia normalizes the digestive system, metabolism, eliminates many of the existing fungal and infectious diseases, as well as through the bitterness of the plant reduces weight. The agent in the form of a transparent brown-green liquid with a characteristic aroma and bitter taste, drink three times a day for fifteen to twenty drops fifteen to twenty minutes before meals.
Cognac tincture can be prepared from two tablespoons of culture roots and a liter of cognac, after having held the mixture in a water bath for ten minutes, then placing it in a tightly closed container.Store in a warm place for two days, then filter and drink in a state of neurasthenia, three to five drops twice a day.
To prepare the oil of wormwood, you need fresh grass. It is placed in a one-liter container made of glass, covered to the top with olive oil, firmly and hermetically sealed with a lid, and infused for one and a half weeks. The readiness of the oil is indicated by the color of the medium - dark green or nacreous. Strain, put the oil in a cold place and lubricate them wounds, ulcers and painful fate of the skin.
Prepare this form of funds and from seeds, where take proportions of five grams of crushed plants and twenty olive oil. Begin to take after eight-hour insistence, one or two drops on a piece of refined sugar or bread, which saves from muscle pain and cramps.
How to brew grass infusion? Using a water bath, placing ten grams of raw materials in a glass of boiling water. The boiling period is a quarter of an hour, cooling - forty-five minutes at room temperature. Then filter and bring the liquid to the original volume of two hundred milliliters. Drink a quarter cup three times a day for half an hour before a meal, and keep cool for no longer than two days.
Contraindications to taking funds from wormwood exist. For example:
- Considering the strong stimulating effect on the secretory glands of the gastrointestinal tract, patients with hyperacid gastritis, gastric ulcer with hypersecretion of acid, gallstone disease do not take grass;
- if there is an allergic reaction to astrovids;
- in connection with the possibility of long-term therapy for the occurrence of hallucinations and disorders of higher nervous activity, it is contraindicated to use the plant in the treatment of certain diseases of the nervous system, based on the patient's diagnosis and his susceptibility to the active components of the drug;
- during lactation, preparations with wormwood can harm the health of the baby;
- based on the possibility of abortive action, the grass is not recommended during pregnancy.
Wormwood is an excellent natural healer and helper in the fight against parasites and ecotoxins, trichomonads and chlamydia, feline lamblia and toxoplasma, worms, opisthorchiasis.
92 Useful Tricks for Home Wizards
What is the thickness of insulation
The test will tell you what to do to be happy
How to use incense
I am looking for a switchboard