Infrared heaters: how to choose?
Infrared heaters - not a new word in the technique. They were also used by our grandparents in the Soviet Union. However, today these devices have undergone significant upgrades compared with their predecessors and have become much safer and more efficient. In this article we will tell you how to choose an infrared heater, so as not to freeze in the winter.
The mechanism of operation of the infrared heater
First of all, you need to figure out what an infrared heater is. An infrared heater is a heater that uses an infrared emitter as a heating element.
Depending on what form the emitter, emit:
- IR heaters with an open spiral (at the moment almost out of use due to high fire risk and low efficiency).
- IR heaters with quartz tube.They are usually fixed under the ceiling, since a powerful wave of warm air from such a heater is always directed at one point and the best option is when the heat dissipates gradually when moving from ceiling to floor.
- IR heaters with a heat-emitting plate are considered the best IR heaters. Although the maximum temperature of their heating is lower than that of heaters with a quartz tube, it is quite enough for uniform heating of a small room.
Tips for choosing a device
If you have decided on the type of heater, the next question that arises before you is the direct purchase of the device under the parameters of the room. Before you choose an infrared heater, consider the following points:
- Think about whether you will use only this heater or it will only complement the central heating.
- Calculate the thermal power required for heating your room: on average, for residential premises, this value is derived from the calculation of 100 watts per square meter of space.
- Find out the maximum heat output of the heater that you plan to purchase.It should be approximately equal to the power calculated by you. On average, IR heaters are designed for rooms up to 40 m2.
- When it comes to buying a ceiling heater, make sure that the height of the ceilings in the room allows you to hang the heater at a height of 2.5-3.5 m above the floor.
To understand which infrared heater is better, you will also need to pay attention to the additional options:
- overheat protection;
- tipping sensor;
- remote control.
How to make a simple
What dreams of aquarium fish
How to choose a wife
How to take pills
How to cook a crab
How to treat the flu
What does boletus look like