M3 Lee Paper Model
The paper model of the M3 Lee tankis an American medium tank of the Second World War period.
Materials and tools:
- scissors, paper knife, drawing ruler
- glue brushes and paint;
- watercolors (or pencils), toothpicks;
- clear acrylic glue ("Moment", etc.);
- to print the model matte photo paper with a density of 170-180 g / m2;
- for small parts - 70-80 g / m2.
- Before you assemble the part, read the drawings and instructions. Determine the place of each part and imagine its assembly;
- Make holes in details before cutting out the part;
- Cut only the part (s) you need right now. Unpacked items in a box, and unused sheets in a closed folder (as an option). Throwing out trash after work, carefully inspect the scrap paper;
- To better fold the part, it is necessary to hold the ruler along the fold line, pressing lightly with the blunt side of the knife or a toothpick so as not to damage the paper surface. Better to do it from the wrong side of the part;
- Keep your fingers clean and be sure to use wipes to wipe your hands, because hands may get dirty in the process;
- wind up cylindrical parts before gluing onto a round object of a suitable diameter, this will give them shape;
- Before gluing it is necessary to paint the ends of the part. White crop lines spoil the overall look of the model. To paint the ends, use watercolors or gouache paints. After selecting the desired color, apply them in a thin layer, then allow the paint to dry. About markers better to forget;
- Take your time with gluing. First, cut out the part, paint it from the end, wait for the paint to dry, assemble the part. Attach it to the place where it should be to make sure everything is done correctly. And only then stick. Do not forget to let the glue dry.
A bit of history
American Medium Tank M3 Lee
M3 «Lee»(Eng.M3Lee)-AmericanmediumtankduringtheSecondWorldWar.ItwasnamedinhonorofthegeneraloftheUSCivilWarR.E.Lee.AlsowidelyknownunderthenameofitsmodificationfortheBritishtroopsM3«Grant»(Eng.M3Grant),namedinhonorofUSPresidentUSGrant; from the same Soviet tankers got the nickname "BM-6 (a mass grave for six)".
M3 was created in 1940 on the basis of an unsuccessful M2 tank and was produced serially from June 1941 to December 1942. A total of 6258 M3 were released in various versions. About 2/3 of the M3s were transferred to other countries, almost exclusively Great Britain and the USSR, under the lend-lease program. In addition, until a more advanced medium M4 "Sherman » Tank" appeared in sufficient quantities. The M3 was the main medium tank of the United States.
For the first time, the M3 was used in May 1942 by British troops in North Africa. Due to the relatively good booking and high artillery power, they, despite all their shortcomings, were practically the only type of tanks with which the British could fight German tanks on equal terms . In July, August 1942, near El Alamein, they were even called the last Egyptian hope. "
However, by the end of 1942, when a large number of PzKpfw IV tanks and the newest PzKpfw VI «Tiger» entered the German troops, their combat value declined. By 1944, it was almost universally replaced in parts of "Sherman", but a small amount of "Grants" was used in 1944 in Southeast Asia, where he had no worthy opponents.This tank was used as the main tank in the campaigns on the islands against Japan.
What you need to create and promote the channel on you tube
What is a suite
Simple and tasty dishes from ordinary long loaf
How to cope with a panic attack
Interesting gift ideas for her husband for the New Year
How to cook gooseberries
How to get into the army