Proper weight loss after childbirth
Many women during pregnancy gain about 10-20 extra pounds. This is quite normal and natural, but after birth you want to return to its previous form. And how to lose weight properly, effectively and without harm to health?
Causes of overweight after childbirth
Remain slim after the birth of the baby fails a little lucky. Others are forced to be content with forms that are far from ideal. And to understand how and when to lose weight, it is necessary to find out the main causes of excess body weight:
- Hormonal disorders. During pregnancy, the woman's body works differently. So, in increased quantities, certain hormones are produced, under the influence of which the metabolism slows down, and everything that comes from food goes into the reserve. And right after the birth the body can not reorganize in the same way. And that is why in the first 5-7 months to get rid of extra pounds to most young mothers is not so simple. But then everything returns to normal.And serious hormonal disorders are a rarity, so in vain some girls and women explain their excess weight problems with hormones. And yet, if such problems really exist, then only a doctor can help.
- Binge eating. Another common mistake of many mummies is eating food for two. In an effort to increase milk production, it is worth paying attention to the quality of nutrition and the amount of fluid consumed. But overeat is not worth it, because in milk, in any case, get everything you need. And all the excess will go straight to the stomach, buttocks and thighs.
- Sedentary lifestyle. If before pregnancy and childbirth, many girls and women worked and studied, then after the birth of the child they “settle down” at home and try to move less. And this is another mistake moms and the cause of overweight.
When to start?
Many new mothers are interested in when exactly to start to act and get rid of the "burden". Do not wait! If you immediately accustom yourself to a certain way of life, the results will not keep you waiting. For example, you need to eat right after the birth of a child (for him, by the way,it will also be useful).
But with physical exertion will have to wait, because the body has not had time to recover from childbirth. And if you have a cesarean section, you will have to wait longer. To avoid undesirable consequences and to find out when you can start the exercises, consult your doctor.
How to get rid of excess weight?
So, how to lose weight after giving birth quickly, without harm to health and without prejudice to the baby? The integrated approach, patience and your efforts are important. We list the most important and fundamental points.
How to eat?
Proper nutrition is the first step towards harmony. Basic principles and rules:
- Remember that lactation requires the entry into the body of a nursing mother all the necessary nutrients that will be taken with the milk to the baby. So strict diets and severe food restrictions are definitely not for you! And yet some of the diets are available. So, it can be a popular and well-known diet "Minus 60", reviews about which make sure of its effectiveness. Allowed and Dyukana diet. But in the preparation of the menu, by all means exclude foods that are contraindicated in breastfeeding (legumes, grapes, fatty, pickled, salty, spicy, and so on).
- Eat a fraction.Eat small meals (about 200 grams), but at least 5-6 times a day. Firstly, it will allow to normalize digestion and slightly relieve the digestive system, and secondly, you definitely will not feel hunger.
- Be sure to have breakfast! Breakfast should be nutritious. The best option is a plate of porridge with fruit or a sandwich with butter and cheese.
- Not eating after 18:00 is healthy and useful, but not for nursing mothers. Firstly, few mothers have the opportunity to fall asleep at 21: 00-22: 00 pm and wake up at 6: 00-7: 00 am (and the rule "do not eat after 18:00" is designed specifically for this mode). Secondly, many mothers often get up at night and breastfeed their babies. And this also requires energy. But in any case, do not gorge on the night! Choose vegetables, fruits and dairy products.
- The daily rate of calories of a nursing mother should be at least 2000-2700 calories! Remember that the order of 500-800 calories goes to the production of breast milk.
- Here what products will be useful: low-fat meat and fish, low-fat dairy and sour-milk products, vegetables, berries and fruit, cereals.
- Ideal cooking methods are boiling, stewing, baking or steaming.
- Forget about sauces and hot spices.Add greens and some not sharp spices to dishes.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of fluid a day!
Effective weight loss is impossible without movement, so do not sit in one place! A few tips for young moms who dream of the perfect figure:
- Put on your baby, take a carrier-kangaroo or stroller and go for a walk. But do not rush to the nearest shop, but take a walk to the park. Go briskly to burn as many calories as possible. The child will be able to sleep in the fresh air or get a lot of new impressions, and you will get a slim figure.
- Do household duties vigorously. Firstly, you will get rid of extra calories, and secondly, you will finish everything faster.
- Forget the elevators. Of course, it’s better to go to the elevator with a stroller, but if you choose a carrier, then walk briskly up the stairs.
This advice may seem strange, but breastfeeding is useful not only for the baby, but also for the figure of the mother. On average, milk production takes about 400-500 calories per day, which is comparable to a one-hour jog. Impressive? Then feed on demand and do not regret the milk.Your baby will be healthy, contented and calm, and you will be slim.
Immediately it is worth noting that breastfeeding involves some limitations in sports. You will have to give up intensive loads, as they can reduce the production of milk and change its taste. So no strength training, jumping and running.
But light gymnastics is permissible and very useful. You can choose almost any simple exercises, taking into account your goals and problem areas. But since not all mothers can devote themselves even half an hour and are forced to keep the baby in their hands almost constantly, we offer you exercises that you can do with your baby:
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, put the baby on your shins and hold it with your hands. While inhaling, move your legs as far as possible, and as you exhale, bring them to your chest while lifting the body. Perform at least 15-20 repetitions.
- Stand up straight, place your feet shoulder-width apart, take the baby in your arms, and place a chair or a low stool behind it. Now squat, bending your knees, touching the buttocks of the chair and leaving your back straight, and then return to the starting position. In total, you need to perform 20 sit-ups.
- Take the baby in your arms and take a wide step forward with your right foot, then sit down so that the knee of your left foot touches the floor and the right thigh is perpendicular to the floor. For each leg, do 10 repetitions.
- Lay the baby on the floor (on a soft blanket, of course), and above him stand on all fours, resting on the floor with your knees and palms. Now, while inhaling, bend your back and lift your head, and as you exhale, bend your back up and lower your head. Repeat 20 times.
Some useful tips:
- Do not wait for instant results.
- Tune in to success.
- Walk with your baby more.
- Communicate with other slimming young mothers, share experiences and tips.
You will certainly succeed!
We make a wooden knife
The test will tell you what to do to be happy
What is the UN
Quiz: Are you an extrovert or introvert? Learn
How to repair a heel
Why plants are green
The craftswoman made a Christmas-tree toy in ethnic style that perfectly fitted into the interior
Ksenia Sobchak and the river of blood in the new video of Leningrad