Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 324 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 373 mg | Cholesterol: 26 mg | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints: 11
- 3 cups baby spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups bechamel sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 whole grain lasagna sheets
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pure butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- If using frozen spinach, defrost and squeeze the water out before cooking.
- In a medium saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sauté the garlic over medium heat until golden brown. Add the spinach. Toss just until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Bechamel sauce. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour, whisking continuously until the roux is thick. Add the milk gradually, whisking continuously. Sprinkle nutmeg and salt into the mix. When the bechamel sauce becomes thick, remove it from the heat. To thin the sauce if it cools, add more milk.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin with 1/2 cup bechamel sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot of salted boiling water. Cook the lasagna sheets according to the package instructions, or to al dente. With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked sheets from the pot and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray or rub extra-virgin olive oil in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour a thin layer of bechamel sauce into the dish. Layer the ingredients. Start with a lasagna sheet. Add pumpkin, spinach, Parmesan, and bechamel sauce. Repeat for 2 more layers. Place one more lasagna sheet for the final layer. Top it with the bechamel sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Video: Spinach, Ricotta & Butternut Squash Lasagna - £9.84
How to Fix a Mailbox
How to Prepare for the New School Year
How to Prove Ownership of a House
What Wrecks Your Diet Most at Thanksgiving
5 Men’s French Clothing Brands You Should Know
The Great Bum Cheek Debate: Is It Ever Ok
How to Catch Lobsters
Top 5 Online Shopping Sites To Buy Beauty Products In India
How to Take a Good Picture On Your Camera Phone
Americans Search for Health Info Online, but Don’t Share on Social Media
How to Play Poker
8 Must-See Moments From The Oscars 2015
Punk’s Fashion Revival: How You Can Get The Look
Huggies Created the Smallest Diaper Ever to Help the Tiniest Preemies
The One Thing: Murad Detoxifying White Clay BodyCleanser