1 1/4 oz. pkg active dry yeast (2¼ tsp)
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
4 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. baking soda
Suggested toppings: Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, caraway seeds, shredded Parmesan, shredded Cheddar, coarsely ground pepper, sea salt, raw sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Warm 1½ cups water in the microwave until it registers 120°F–130°F on a thermometer. Add the water and 1 Tbsp oil to the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add 2 cups flour (1/2 cup at a time), mixing until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead in 1/2 cup of the remaining flour until dough is smooth (adding more flour if sticky), about 5 minutes.
- Coat a large bowl with the remaining Tbsp oil. Place the dough into the bowl, then turn so it is oiled-side up. Cover with a clean towel and let rest in a warm place until it doubles in size, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Punch down the dough and cut into 8 pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll each piece into a ½-in. rope (about 30 in. long). Working with one rope at a time, shape the pretzels. Make a U shape and, holding each end of the rope, cross them over and twist them around each other twice, then press onto the bottom of the U (dot with water to help the ends stick). Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, bring 5 cups water and the baking soda to a simmer. Drop 2 pretzels (top down) into the water and simmer for 30 seconds; flip and simmer 30 seconds more. Using a large spatula, transfer back to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired toppings (as noted in ingredient list). Repeat with the remaining pretzels.
- Bake, switching the position of the pans halfway through, until dark golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Video: Freaky Eaters | Addicted to Soft Pretzels
E.L. James Teases Fans With Twitter Pic. Is She Writing A New Book
Is Your Office A Pain In The Neck
Off White x Jimmy Choo Celebrate New Collab With All the Cool Kids
Jennifer Lopezs Butt Will Mesmerize You in This New Footage
How to Make Mozzarella Cheese with Cultures
Michelle Obamas new book sold over 1.4 million copies in week one
High Fives For Taylor And Beyonce Your VMA 2015 Nominations List Revealed
The Healthy Condiment Company Changing The Game
Disneys new Mickey Mouse doughnuts are almost too pretty to eat
21 Amazing Benefits Of Zucchini For Skin, Hair, And Health
Best Jokes About Fathers and Fatherhood
How to Design a Server Room
Read the full story at the Wall Street Journal
Date: 02.12.2018, 06:36 / Views: 43584