Stacked Applesauce Cake
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 c. unsalted butter
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Make the batter:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a small brush, lightly coat three 9-inch cake pans with softened butter or vegetable-oil cooking spray. Dust with flour and tap out any excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the butter for 1 minute. Add the sugar and continue to beat until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture by thirds, alternating it with the applesauce and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Bake the cake:Divide the batter equally among the pans and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven until a tester inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean -- 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the cake pans on a wire rack to room temperature. Using a knife, loosen the cake layers from the sides of the pans and invert the layers onto the wire rack.
- Finish the cake:Place one cake layer on a cake plate or stand. Spread half of the Cinnamon Whipped Cream on the layer. Place a second layer over the first and repeat. Top with the final layer and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve. Store refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Video: Apple Stack Cake
This Shirtless Guy Icing a Cake Will Make You Drool
Scientists Are Developing a Vaccine for Acne
How to Understand Binary Options
How to Make Clotted Cream
The Stenmark Twins Launch Fashion, Food Fitness Website
How to Make a Cake Stand from Household Objects
How to Clean an Umbilical Cord Stump on a Newborn Baby
Whats The Perfect Meal
How to Insulate Windows
A Quick Guide to Steroids in Sports
21 Cute Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas
Date: 02.12.2018, 05:35 / Views: 51561