Top 10 Things Parents Hate About Potty Training
Potty training is the final gauntlet of parenting toddlers and definitely falls under the category of "better to laugh than to cry." Of course the end product is worth all the struggle, but in the meantime, those of us still in the trenches like knowing we've got company.
1. Cutsey talk."Every time I squeal, 'Oh sweetie! That is the best poopy ever! Yay!! And it DOES look like a bridge!' I want to look around and check for the hidden camera." - Maria
"I felt like a 'poop midwife,' coaxing them to just 'push a little more,' and 'keep trying.'" - Melissa
2. How every toilet outside of our house becomes a huge attraction."I like the enthusiasm, but we can't go to a park, store, or restaurant without having to visit the restroom—possibly multiple times." - Robyn
3. Laundry."The other day I accidentally washed a pair of dirty toddler undies with my laundry—a fact I didn't discover until I made it to the gym, worked up a good sweat, and started asking everyone if they smelled poo, too." - Me (yes, seriously)
4. Skid marks."Even though a kid is potty trained, it doesn't mean you won't still be dealing with streaks in the undiesforever!" - Lisa
5. The time."I know, I should use the twenty minutes that it takes my daughter to sit on the toilet and squeeze out a droplet as girl-bonding time. And we do—we sing songs, read books, and chat about the weather. But when we're trying to get out the door, diapers are just so much more convenient!"
6. The inconsistency."The other day, my two-year-old told me she really REALLY had to go while we were in the grocery store. So we got as quickly as we could to the bathroom, where she then started screaming 'NO!!' like I was trying to torture her." - Melissa
7. The ick factor."Teaching them to wipe themselves...*shudder*." - Sierra
8. Bribery."I hate that I had to bribe my daughter with M&M's to get her to go—though it did work!" - Darryl, who also happens to be a registered dietitian.
9. Scary situations."Those auto-flush potties are a nightmare! Nothin' like having your toddler finally get comfortable with using the toilet, then 'whooooosh!' The dang thing goes off! I have to stand there covering the sensor, constantly reassuring her that 'It's okay; it's not gonna suck you down the pipe,' (even though I've thought the same thing!)." - Kevin
10. Power struggles."Sitting in the bathroom for hours at a time only to give up and clean a puddle five minutes later!" - Deb
"How the toddler can lord his/her power over you.
Video: Mother Puts Soap Into Her Son's Mouth For Lying | Supernanny
How to Care for a Rabbit with GI Stasis
The Dark Side Of Weight Loss No One Talks About
The New Link Between Depression and Parkinson’s
The New John Lewis Fashion Collection Everyone’s Talking About
1. California Institute of Technology
How to Flirt With Your Boyfriend
The 50s Films That Every Fashion Girl Should Watch
Voodoo doughnut shop wedding sounds like every dessert lovers dream
Butternut Squash and Goats’ Cheese Lasagne Recipe
4 Ways to Make Muffins
The 11 Most Heartbreaking Food Recalls of All Time
18 Great DIY Ideas to Organize Your Make-ups
11 Tips for Staying on Track over the Weekend