What increases white blood cells?
When a person takes a blood test at a clinic or other medical facility, the doctor always looks at the level of leukocytes in the blood when receiving the results. The level of white blood cells is an excellent indicator of the body's immune system. Elevated or lowered levels can tell a lot, including a possible illness.
Let us consider in more detail what leukocytes are, which increases the level of leukocytes in the blood, and whether it is good or bad.
What are leukocytes
Leukocytes are the defense mechanism of your body. They travel through the body in search of bacteria and viruses, as well as foreign bodies that can harm the body. White cells of leukocytes envelop and destroy any harmful body in the body. Leukocytes are able to penetrate anywhere. Thus, the body fights against diseases, infections and viruses.
Increased temperature and inflammation always show that leukocytes do not cope with the load and are destroyed, which leads to the release of a special substance that causes inflammation and heat.
The number of leukocytes in the body is always different depending on many factors.Literally everything affects their level. Let us consider in more detail, from which the level of leukocytes in a person�s blood can increase.
What can increase the level of leukocytes
The normal level of leukocytes in an ordinary person is from 4 to 8.8 billion per liter of blood. The level of leukocytes can increase due to many factors, but often this is a very unhealthy tendency. Too much increase in leukocytes in the blood is called leukocytosis. If the doctor has identified a leukocytosis in a patient, then he begins to understand why leukocyte levels are not normal. However, an increased level of leukocytes does not always indicate a poor state of the body. Consider the causes of increased leukocytes in the blood:
- Stress and physical exertion. With strong physical exertion, the level of leukocytes may increase;
- Food. Often, after a meal, the level of leukocytes jumps significantly. This is a normal phenomenon and there is no need to worry. This is one of the reasons why it is forbidden to eat before a blood test. Because then the doctor will not be able to determine the normal level of leukocytes in the blood;
- Diseases and viruses. Any diseases and viruses cause leukocytosis, because the body needs to fight the disease, and the �soldiers� are white blood cells.Therefore, they are produced in large quantities;
- Bleeding and injury. In the event of injury and bleeding, leukocytes begin to be produced in large quantities in order to prevent foreign bacteria and viruses from penetrating through the wound;
- The presence of toxic substances in the body. In this case, leukocytes fight with poisonous substances in the body;
- Allergy. In allergies, leukocytes act as fighters with substances that cause an allergic reaction. The task of leukocytes is to neutralize and remove these substances from the body;
- Leukocytosis during pregnancy. Leukocytosis during pregnancy can occur for many reasons. Due to disease, inflammation, nutrition and others. In this case, you should always consult a doctor;
- Elevated white blood cells in children. In infants, the level of leukocytes is always higher than that of an adult. This is a normal process, and over time the level decreases.
In any case, if the doctor has found elevated leukocytes and leukocytosis, then it is necessary to investigate the cause of this process, because this may be due to illness and other unpleasant factors.
This kitchen furniture is made to make people happy
How to flash DVR
How often do I need to wash my hair
50-year-old Valeria does not lose hope again to become a mother
How to make roses from paper - 5 options
Why hate me
What is construction