What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a fat-like substance that exists throughout the human body and serves as a building material for cell membranes. Cholesterol is formed in the liver and is one of the most important substances that are necessary for the functioning of the body, but in large quantities it becomes a poison. Today we will talk about what may lead to an excess of cholesterol, as well as what to do and what products are recommended to eat.
Norm cholesterol in the blood
If you become aware of your cholesterol indicators, it is enough to donate blood in the clinic for analysis. Normal blood cholesterol is on average 5-6 mmol / l. But the permissible level of substance in men and women is slightly different: in the first case - 5.5-6 mmol / l, and in the second - no more than 5 mmol / l.
You need to monitor the condition of your body, and if you have the following symptoms, it is best to donate blood for analysis.
So, with high cholesterol, the following symptoms can be expressed, which are consequences of an excess of cholesterol in the blood.
- Pain in the legs, especially after exercise.
- Memory impairment
- Yellowish spots on the face, which are called xanthomas.
- Heart problems: angina pectoris, heart pain, heart failure, etc.
Because of high cholesterol in the blood there is an opportunity to earn a stroke, a heart attack due to blockage of blood vessels.
Also, elevated cholesterol is the cause of many other human ailments, with an excess of vessels, brain, liver, kidneys, and that's not all.
What to do with high cholesterol
First of all, you need to think about the lifestyle that you lead. First, get in the habit of doing exercises, since exercise is the first tool in the fight against high cholesterol. Give up bad habits (smoking, alcohol abuse), and also review your diet.
What to eat
In order to lower cholesterol and bring it back to normal, there are a number of foods that must be eaten every day. If cholesterol is not very high, then it is enough to follow a diet that consists of fresh fruits and vegetables, and it is recommended to eliminate all fat, smoked, salty, flour and sweet foods from your diet or at least minimize them. At the same time, food is best consumed in small portions 4-5 times a day.
- So, in the morning it is best to give up coffee and replace it with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- You can not limit yourself to fruits and vegetables, eat raw carrots as much as possible (at least 150 grams), beets, eggplants, seaweed, red currants, watermelons, melons, apples, lemons, as all these products tend to normalize cholesterol in blood.
- Mayonnaise should be replaced with low-calorie or lemon juice.
- You can eat only flour products that are made from varieties of flour, solid grinding.
- If you want sweet, then you should not buy cakes or pastries, but it is best to limit yourself to fruit jelly, dates, and oatmeal cookies.
- As for dairy products, milk should be bought with a fat content of not more than 1.5 percent. Yoghurts need to eat only fat-free and dietary with a fat content of not more than 2 percent.
- It is best to give up sour cream and cream or limit their consumption by choosing the least fat ones.
- With elevated cholesterol, it is helpful to drink almond milk, as well as eating fresh almonds.
Keep in mind that if you even have a normal level of cholesterol in the blood, then excessive consumption of red meat, fatty dairy products, margarine, fast food can lead to its increase.
Why so bad
Jewelry Encyclopedia: Moissanite
Jumper with Norwegian knitting pattern
Where in Moscow to repair the steamer
Blondes are not stupid - proven
How to learn SNILS
How to keep your breasts in good shape
Who is Steve Jobs