What is useful for retinol skin?
To maintain healthy skin requires not only effort, but also the use of the "right" products, which include all the necessary substances. One such substance is retinol. And how is it useful for the face? And how to use it correctly?
What it is?
What is retinol? This is a fat-soluble vitamin that was discovered by scientists at the beginning of the last century. Another name is vitamin A. In the body, this substance is synthesized from beta-carotene, but can also come from food.
Retinol itself is quite whimsical, as it quickly collapses, oxidizes and loses all its useful properties under the influence of external factors, so the composition of therapeutic and cosmetic products includes vitamin A in a slightly modified form. The substances obtained during the cleavage of retinol are called retinoids. The most common retinol palmitate, retinol acetate and retinoic acid.
After numerous studies, vitamin A began to be incorporated into various vitamin complexes and other drugs.Retinol began to be added to cosmetics relatively recently. One way or another, but it is not worth using such remedies thoughtlessly and uncontrolled, since in large doses vitamin A can be harmful and even dangerous.
The use of retinol is due to the numerous and extremely important functions that it performs in the body:
- Vitamin A is an effective antioxidant that fights against the negative effects on the body’s tissues of free radicals and, therefore, protects against premature aging and prevents the development of certain oncological diseases.
- Retinol improves the condition of the mucous membranes and activates their protective and barrier functions.
- This substance is necessary for the body to restore and strengthen the epithelial cells that are part of the skin.
- Vitamin A takes the most active part in metabolic processes: regulates the synthesis of proteins, is responsible for the normal course of oxidation-reduction reactions.
- Retinol significantly improves the condition of the epidermis, as it normalizes the work of cell membranes and thereby strengthens tissues, takes part in the formation of new cells, and also actively stimulates collagen production (it is responsible for the elasticity and elasticity of the skin).
- This substance is necessary for normal functioning of the immune system.
- Retinol is very useful for vision, as it moisturizes the conjunctiva, participates in the development of visual pigments and contributes to the capture of light.
- Vitamin A when applied externally helps to even out skin color and get rid of age spots.
Retinol A can be used both for ingestion (in the form of capsules or tablets), and for external use (in the form of oil solutions). We will tell about external use slightly below.
Where is retinol?
How can I get vitamin A? It is contained in the following products:
- Any vegetables and fruits of yellow or orange color: carrots, pumpkin, apricot, peaches, dog rose, melon, persimmon, sea buckthorn, Bulgarian pepper and some others.
- Greens, and also green vegetables: broccoli, spinach, sorrel, celery, cabbage, parsley.
- Some animal products include beef liver, egg yolks, fish oil.
- Dairy products: butter, milk, cottage cheese, sour cream.
How to use?
For external use, it is best to purchase an oil solution of retinol in a pharmacy. If you prefer only natural remedies, use natural sources of vitamin A.
Recipes for the face:
- Mix two tablespoons of rather fat cottage cheese, a tablespoon of olive oil and 10 drops of liquid retinol. Apply the mixture on the skin for half an hour, and then rinse with warm water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe juice, ½ tsp of oatmeal (if not, you can grind flakes of rolled oats in a coffee grinder), as well as 5-7 drops of retinol. Apply the composition to the skin for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Each time you apply a nourishing cream, add 2-3 drops of retinol to a portion prepared for use. But remember that vitamin A quickly breaks down, so do not prepare the composition for the future.
- Mix the yolk of one egg with a tablespoon of chopped sea buckthorn berries. Apply the mixture on the skin for 40 minutes, then remove with a napkin.
Recipes for hair:
- Add soluble retinol to shampoo before each shampooing. You can also add vitamin A and hair balm.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons (the amount will depend on the length of hair) of castor, burdock and olive oils, add 10-20 drops (depending on the volume of oils) retinol. Apply the composition first on the scalp, and then spread it along the length.Wrap your head with cling film and wash your hair well after an hour.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mustard powder, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of an oil solution of vitamin A and 2 tablespoons of castor oil. Massage the composition with hair, starting from the root zone and scalp. Wrap the head with a plastic bag. After an hour and a half, wash your hair with warm water.
Retinol Use Rules
There are several important rules for using retinol:
- Vitamin A is a fairly strong allergen, so before use, perform a test, applying the composition to a small area of skin and following the reaction.
- Cream with retinol is best applied at night, because, firstly, it can make the skin sensitive to ultraviolet light, secondly, under the influence of light it can lose stability and some of its properties. But you can buy a special day cream with retinol (it has less amount of this component than at night) or apply sunscreen over the cream.
- Do not use products with retinol along with scrubs, as well as acid-based compounds.
- It is better to start using it gradually.First, start with the minimum quantities. Secondly, first use the means with vitamin A after 1-2 days, then go on to daily use. But the use of more than once a day can be harmful!
- Do not add retinol in large quantities. The optimal proportions are 1-2 drops of vitamin A per 10 ml of base.
- Do not use funds with vitamin A for a long time, otherwise because of the excess of this substance and overdose the skin will become dry and thin, will begin to peel off. Use retinol for 2 months, then take a three-month break.
- It is not necessary to use funds with retinol for girls younger than 30-35 years, because the opposite effect can be observed, that is, the skin will begin to age prematurely.
- Do not heat retinol, because its melting point is 60 degrees.
- Retinol is compatible with vitamins D, E and B.
Let your skin be young and healthy!
How to cook a festive banana cake
How to assemble a textile brooch, or What is a brooch inside
Lambrequin curtains of patchwork
How to collect mercury
What is KPI
10 reasons to be glad that you are 30 and you are not married
How to draw your face
What kind of fur coat to choose Mink or Fox?