What should be the education?
Education, what is it? First you need to understand - this is a purposeful process of education and training, which is conducted in the interests of the individual, society and the state.
Many reforms have passed in education over the past decades. What are the results?
What education in Russia
First-graders became six-year-olds, and the learning process increased to 11 years. In the graduating class, they take a single exam, for which they are probably preparing for a year. Now the school has become even more comprehensive.
Higher educational institutions are paid, and it is not necessary to say that there are enough budget places in universities (in comparison with those who wish). Not to mention the fact that any "crust" about getting higher education can be bought (even a doctor).
If you take into account the arguments of parents, as children are now hard, such difficult programs. "When we studied ...", then many of the knowledge in life was not needed, and so on. But the school should be anyway. In the whole civilized world there is a secondary education (in the good sense of the word).For example, in the UK, children study from 7 to 18 years old, in Germany the learning process is designed for 12-13 years, moreover, 9 years is compulsory education. In the United States (depending on the state) children go to school from 5 to 8 years old, and graduate at the age of 15 to 18.
After all, it's not just how many years you have to learn, but how education should be. Be sure to maintain a balance between tradition and innovation. It means to combine the fundamental nature of education with its practical orientation.
What education is better
No matter how trite it sounds, education must be modern. To keep up with the times and be “closer to life”. So that by the end of school the child could clearly formulate his further path. Not one hundred years ahead, but for the first 5 - 10 years there should be a clear plan for adult life. And, without fear that he is unable or unaware of something.
This means that such knowledge should be obtained:
- Work with information. Where to find it, how to use it, and it is reasonable. And most importantly, how to present this information correctly. These are presentations and abstracts, but not downloaded from the Internet, but made independently. Only then will the acquired knowledge be learned.
- Economic knowledge. Economics is not mathematics (plus minus). In the modern world, a person should be able to count money (not change in the store), but control his budget. Investments - the necessary modern knowledge. And this knowledge is not needed at age 22, when you graduate from a university, but much earlier.
- Ethics. The concepts of conscience and morality, friendship and self-sacrifice, compassion and mercy, must, of course, come from the family. But if someone did not have such an opportunity, the school, like anyone, can and should help with this.
- Foreign language. Since English has become an integral part of our life, teaching should be at the proper level (not 2-3 hours per week, but daily). After all, this opens up tremendous prospects not only in future work, but also rest will become more diverse. And life itself.
- Modern technologies. An educated person simply must be able to use gadgets. Computer and the Internet should be mastered as a textbook (thoroughly), and not as a toy.
Education should be free
At the word, the average salary in the country is 20,000 rubles, it should be understood that there are 3,000 rubles and 6,000 rubles salaries. And this is not because people are working poorly or stupid. This is just a fact. It means that their children should also be able to get a decent education.
High school should be free. Gifted children should be helped by state programs. After all, a competent society is the key to success for the state.
How to increase the level of knowledge
To say that there are few good teachers, a low level of education is not entirely correct. To begin with, each parent should think and answer 2 questions to himself: “Why go to school?” And “How do I want to see my child after graduation?”. Clever, beautiful and rich - this is understandable, but in this context is not suitable. If you (parents) correctly set priorities first for yourself, and then “bring” them to the child, consider that you have completed your task.
From the indifference of the parents to the learning process, the child has a reluctance to learn new knowledge. And since, now there is no such thing as “leave for the second year,” parents probably have little incentive to control.
Why bruises appear
How to name a boy in November
Cooking delicious vegetable and meat pies
Why do we need a personal diary
How to grow orchids