What to do in case of poisoning?
Poisoning with any substance is a strong shake-up for the body. Some cases of poisoning end up very tragic. Manifestations are usually diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting. These symptoms appear a few hours after poisoning by contaminated food. The answer to the question of how likely the danger of the disease mainly depends on the type of pathogens, on the amount of food consumed, on your age and on your health condition. The main causes of food contamination usually lie in their poor-quality manufacturing, storage and transportation. The main bacteria that cause poisoning are Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli and Botulism. What to do with food poisoning? Doctors recommend bed rest, fasting, rest and plenty of fluids. Usually the disease can last from 2 to 5 days, after which self-healing occurs, but it is not worth the risk. Therefore, at the first symptoms of poisoning, you must first call an ambulance.But the ambulance did not immediately arrive at the rescue, so you need to know what to do in case of poisoning, if you were alone. About this and talk.
Actions for poisoning
- Doctors advise first of all to lay the victim on the bed, even if he says that he feels well. If poisonous substances get on the mucous surfaces of the body, you must rinse them with water.
- If poisons enter the stomach, it is imperative to induce vomiting. This will remove all poisons from the stomach. In order to remove all the poison, repeated washing of the stomach is necessary. Between each call vomiting, the patient should drink 3-4 glasses of water.
- We talked about what to do in case of food poisoning. If you are intoxicated with drugs, then flush the stomach with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. If you want to completely clear the stomach, then you need to drink up to 3 liters of this solution. A laxative will also help. Doctors advise him to add activated carbon. Wash down the mixture with plenty of water. Also, doctors advise you to take drugs that support heart activity. A solution of baking soda is used to wash the stomach in case of poisoning with poor-quality alcohol (methyl alcohol).
- This is what to do in case of poisoning. But there are also prohibitions.If you are poisoned by caustic substances, then do not induce vomiting, otherwise you may get damage to the esophageal mucosa when substances move back through it.
- If the victim in food poisoning has lost consciousness, you need to put him on his stomach or on his side. A person may suffocate, so you need to send his head down, while supporting his hands.
- If a person is poisoned with cauterizing liquids, then it is necessary to prepare the following mixture. Mix 6 egg yolks with 0.5 liters of water. The victim needs to drink this mixture.
- After the gastric lavage is complete, you need to grind tablets of activated charcoal and offer them to the victim. In order to reduce the effect of poison on the brain, it is necessary to put something cold on the patient's forehead. It can be ice or a damp wet towel.
- It is important to know and what to do after poisoning. After poisoning you need to measure the body temperature of the victim. As a rule, with paralytic poisoning, body temperature drops. In this case, it is necessary to wrap the victim into something warm. If the body temperature is high, you need to put ice on the groin, where the main blood vessels pass. Offer the patient cold water. It is necessary to drink it periodically.
- If the doctors did not come to the rescue, then in case of poisoning, the following should be done. After the patient takes activated charcoal, it is necessary to offer him Glauber's salt. It prevents the intestines from absorbing fluids. Dissolve one tablespoon of salt in half a glass of warm water.
- If the poison is ingested through the respiratory system, for example, it is gas poisoning. What to do? Bring the victim to fresh air.
- If the poison gets on the skin, you should immediately wash it off with a stream of water or remove it with a piece of cloth. Wash the affected area with soap and water. The wound should be washed with cold water and slightly alkaline solution.
- If the poison gets into the eyes, then first of all you should rinse with plenty of water, two-percent solution of baking soda or boric acid.
With many symptoms of poisoning you can cope on your own. Let's see in which cases it is necessary to consult a doctor:
- Poisoning does not pass within a week.
- The temperature of the victim is kept at around 37.5 degrees and above.
- For two days, the victim has severe diarrhea and vomiting. Home remedies do not help.
- If the victim is a child or an elderly person. Do not ask Internet users what to do when a child is poisoned, seek qualified help from a doctor!
In any case, do not let the situation with poisoning take its course, especially if it is poisoning during pregnancy. What to do? Urgently call a doctor and say that you are pregnant!
It is never known how this can end. When you turn to a doctor, you will receive knowledge and expert help that is irreplaceable in this situation. Never neglect the advice of the attending physician. This person has a lot more medicine than you. Well, if you are a doctor by profession, then give the right to colleagues to help you.
How to make a dog in the Snow Maiden costume
How to insert text using the keyboard
Roast of millet and lentils - a recipe for cooking
Retinoblastoma - Symptoms, Signs and Treatment
Packaging for a bottle of wine
La La Land and 10 more cool musicals for all times
Interesting gift ideas for her husband for the New Year