Which batteries are better?
Modern devices, whether it be a control panel from household appliances, a portable device or a children's toy, can not be imagined without the use of batteries. But, despite the wealth of choice, few know what kind of batteries are, how long they work, and which of them keep the charge as long as possible.
What are the batteries
- Saline. The service life is small. Rapid loss of charge. When marking them, the letter R is used.
- Alkaline (alkaline). You can distinguish by the inscription Alkaline on the case. Compared with salt, they have better quality and longer service life. When marking such batteries use the letters LR.
- Mercury. By name it is clear that they are charged with mercury oxide. Storage times are long enough, like the size of the batteries. Not widely spread.
- Lithium. Lithium contained in batteries retains the highest voltage at small sizes. Therefore, batteries of this type last longer than others, retain their charge for a significant period of time and can withstand significant temperature differences.
Types of devices
If you are thinking about how to choose the best battery for the device, then the choice of it directly depends on the device in which you intend to install it.
By the amount of energy consumption devices are divided into groups:
- Low energy consumption - clocks, remote controls, etc. The cheapest salt batteries are suitable for them, as their power is enough to ensure the operation of these devices for 12-16 months.
- Average consumption - digital equipment - radios, audio players, PDAs, etc. One set of alkaline batteries ensures the operation of such devices for 15-20 hours.
- Intensive consumption - lights of sufficiently high power, toys, etc.
- Digital cameras. They spend energy not constantly, in short powerful jerks (flash power). Therefore, they require special batteries with high power charge and the ability to quickly recover.
When you stopped on how to choose a battery, pay attention to the inscriptions on the batteries. Almost all manufacturers began to indicate in which area their products can be applied with the greatest effect.Studies and tests have shown that these recommendations should be trusted. Usually, manufacturers of mechanisms that require batteries indicate which batteries to choose.
If the difficulty of the choice lies in how to choose rechargeable batteries that last longer than usual, then they are of the following types:
- Alkaline (RAM) - their price is low, as well as the service life (within 50 recharges). Do not withstand negative temperatures.
- Lead-acid (SLA) - are good where you need more power and do not create problems dimensions of the battery. The disadvantages include long charging time and failure in case of deep discharge. In various conditions can withstand up to 600 charges.
- Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) - provide a large current and can withstand a short circuit. Maintain a temperature difference from -40 ° to + 50 ° С, quickly charge, calculated on more than 1000 charging cycles.
- Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) - their advantages are not as great as the disadvantages - about 500 cycles, long charging time, high price.
- Lithium-ion (Li-Ion) - specific capacity is higher than all the others, the smallest self-discharge, the term of work is up to 10 years. The number of cycles more than 1000.The disadvantages include high cost.
- Lithium-polymer (Li-Pol, Li-Polymer) is currently quite expensive and short-lived.
- Lithium (Li-Metal) - rarely used in certain devices.
Now it’s easy to determine which batteries are the best and buy the ones that best suit your needs.
The most popular are the batteries sold under the brand Duracell, no less popular Varta, Energizer and Maxell. At the price of the most affordable Panasonic, GP, Sony and others.
Safety at rest
Intoxicating pictures: fun and 0.0 ppm
10 most fantastic places on earth
How to go on maternity leave
Take the music with you or the project Muz ON
Shopping in Bialystok